Vic13
Level 1: Cadet

USB 4G stick into a new iPad.

Answered

Hi

I am asking this question for an old friend who has a PC and one of those Telstra 4G stick thingies. He is completely frustrated with the old PC (and seldom uses it as a result) and wants to buy an iPad. However, the stick is USB. Will Telstra provide him with a stick that is compatible with the iPad so that he keeps his old plan? Or must he buy a new plan? I understand that most USB devices cannot work with the iPad.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: USB 4G stick into a new iPad.

No USB devices ill work with an iPad, The charging port is does not have the correct physical dimensions and there are no adapter for IOS devices.
They will need to buy a prepaid 4GX WiFi modem. I have seen them on sale for $30 in stores such as Kmart and Big W. They come with there own sim and and 3G of data but you can install the old SIM from the 4G stick if you wish to keep your old plan. If the old SIM doesn't fit can go to a Telstra store and get old number and plan transferred to a new SIM.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Accepted Solution

Re: USB 4G stick into a new iPad.

No USB devices ill work with an iPad, The charging port is does not have the correct physical dimensions and there are no adapter for IOS devices.
They will need to buy a prepaid 4GX WiFi modem. I have seen them on sale for $30 in stores such as Kmart and Big W. They come with there own sim and and 3G of data but you can install the old SIM from the 4G stick if you wish to keep your old plan. If the old SIM doesn't fit can go to a Telstra store and get old number and plan transferred to a new SIM.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more