CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
chevy_ratt2
Level 1: Cadet

USB Mobile Broadband Overheating?

Answered

I recently purchased a pre-paid Telstra 4G USB and it's been working fine for a couple of weeks, up until a couple of days ago. The USB becomes extremely hot after around ten minutes, then the internet signal drops down to zero bars and the internet disconnects. I have to wait until the USB cools down before it'll work again, where it will do the exact same thing again. The longest it's stayed connected has been around 14 minutes.

I also noticed tonight that the LED light on the USB is displaying blue, which is a 3G network connection instead of green being the 4G network.

Is this a fault with the USB, or is there some other explanation?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chegzilla
Level 10: Junior Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: USB Mobile Broadband Overheating?

Take it to your nearest store and have them send the device away for repair.

They are able to forward ship the device, which means that they will send a new unit to you before they even send the faulty one away.

Just make sure you ask for forward ship - if they're not aware of it, tell them to look it up on their systems Smiley Happy

Chegzilla

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't forget to show your appreciation - mark solutions when you see them, and provide your Kudos wherever you see a fantastic answer.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Chegzilla
Level 10: Junior Detective
Accepted Solution

Take it to your nearest store and have them send the device away for repair.

They are able to forward ship the device, which means that they will send a new unit to you before they even send the faulty one away.

Just make sure you ask for forward ship - if they're not aware of it, tell them to look it up on their systems Smiley Happy

Chegzilla

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't forget to show your appreciation - mark solutions when you see them, and provide your Kudos wherever you see a fantastic answer.
chevy_ratt2
Level 1: Cadet

I took the device into the store today. The staff were great, turns out the device was faulty and the heat had actually partially melted and warped the sim card inside. They gave me a new sim card, a new USB device and transferred my account details to the new one, which is working fine so far. Thanks for your advice! Smiley Happy

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now