Highlighted
ikr88
Level 2: Rookie

USB Mobile Broadband

Answered

I had a telstra turbo broadband stick that was working fine until I updated to a windows 7 laptop, now every time I try and use it, comes up "please re-insert the device"! I do this a numerous amount of times but makes no difference!

I tried re-installing the software as well!

I have updated to a 4g usb stick and I still have the same problems!!

Any suggestions?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Tron
Level 9: Captain
Accepted Solution

Re: USB Mobile Broadband

Go to www.zte.com.au and select downloads tab and your modem. There should be a windows 7 driver tool you can download. Install it For sierra go to www.sierrawireless.com and get latest software for your modem. Make sure only one version of software is installed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am both a Telstra Customer and a Telstra Employee.
Some of my views may not represent Telstra and are my personal opinion only. I also participate in my own time.
ikr88
Accepted Solution

Thanks alot, changed USB ports and it seems to of fixed the problem?!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman

Do you get the same error message no matter which USB port you use on the laptop?

If you were only using a particular USB port, you may want to:

* try a different USB port (preferably a USB 2.0 port); and

* verify that the first USB port is functioning correctly when you plug something else in, eg. an external HDD

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Tron
Level 9: Captain
Accepted Solution

Go to www.zte.com.au and select downloads tab and your modem. There should be a windows 7 driver tool you can download. Install it For sierra go to www.sierrawireless.com and get latest software for your modem. Make sure only one version of software is installed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am both a Telstra Customer and a Telstra Employee.
Some of my views may not represent Telstra and are my personal opinion only. I also participate in my own time.
ikr88
Accepted Solution

Thanks alot, changed USB ports and it seems to of fixed the problem?!

Level 22: Superhuman

I'm glad to hear your problem with connecting to the network via the Turbo mobile broadband USB modem is resolved.

I'd strongly recommend you properly test out the USB port that were causing issues, as it may be a defect in the laptop that is subject to a warranty claim with the retailer, if you've only bought it recently.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
gilly
Level 1: Cadet

I originally had a prepaid Telstra Elite Mobile Broadband USB for my laptop which worked fine for a couple of months and then all of a sudden stopped with the "Mobile sim busy" problem. I took it (and my laptop) into Telstra and the tech guy fixed it...and then 2 days later it had the same problem.

Because of my work situation, I was flying interstate the next day and required internet connection...so I went back into the store but the tech people weren't working that day so after a frustrating conversation with the store manager I purchased a new pre-paid 4G Mobile Broadband USB.

This new 4G one worked fine, for about 2 weeks...and then stopped. I was getting DNS errors. 

I am pretty tech savvy and this baffled me... 

After hours spent in the Telstra store with the tech guy, one day the USB started working again randomly...but it still wasn't right, it kept dropping out or was running really slow. It also used my 3GB of data in 8 hours. (not happy) 

So now I have 2 Mobile Broadband USB's that do not work....I want to know if I can get a refund or exchange them for the little WI-FI router seeeing as my laptop's wi-fi is ok (i am using my phone as a wifi AP to type this message)...

I don't really have the time to have the devices sent away to be fixed or anything like that I would just rather have something that will work. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more