CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Fergal
Level 2: Rookie

Unable to send email

Answered

After logging in to check email on my WiFi, all my emails return the following:
"An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'TG', Server: 'mail.bigpond.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 nschwcmgw07p BigPond Outbound [OB105. Connection refused. 58.167.197.95 is listed on the Exploits Block List (XBL). Please visit http://www.spamhaus.org/xbl/ for more information.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F"

So to my limited understanding it appears the Telstra IP address 58.167.197.95 is blocked, so I can no longer relay email through my WiFi connection...

Anyone else experiencing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to send email

Hi Fergal,

Have a read through this link for information on what you are experiencing and how to resolve it.

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Bigpond-Email-Inc-Window-Live-KB/I-m-getting-an-Error-related-...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Fergal,

Have a read through this link for information on what you are experiencing and how to resolve it.

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Bigpond-Email-Inc-Window-Live-KB/I-m-getting-an-Error-related-...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Fergal
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you, it answered it well
sharlady
Level 1: Cadet

Hi 

I have 2 issues

I've read the link but still notsure what to do. I've been with bigpond since 2007. I've checked my settings too and come across Your mailbox has not yet been updated to Outlook.com.

if you can direct me how to fix this please.

Iam also experiencing bigpond being directed to my corporate exchange account but don't see where i can adjust the settings. 

thanks in advance

sharlady
Level 1: Cadet

Hi 

I received excellent tech support over the phone last night by Christopher Bui who resolved the first issue by remoting to my laptop. 

Now waiting for follow up call from tech support as my 2nd issue is a network support issue.

I must say I was very pleasantly surprised as I spoke to a real person within seconds instead of going n hold for many many minutes.

Great improvement.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now