TrisTris
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to update software on ZTE M910Z

Hi,

I've just purchased the Telstra Pre-Paid 4GX WiFi modem and am in the process of setting everything up.

I'm able to connect to the device, log in and adjust settings and use it to connect to the Internet. However, the device keeps telling me that a software update is available:

Current version: MF910Z_T01

New version: MF910Z_M02

When I attempt to update, the device reaches 100% downloaded before reporting "Download Failed". Rebooting and resetting the device back to factory default has no effect.

What am I mising here? Is there a work around or an alternate method (eg. download and install over USB cable) I can use?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Unable to update software on ZTE M910Z

Apologies you are having this issue when updating your device.

Have you now been able to update the device and if not have you spoken to Mobile support on 132200?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Tom881
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Unable to update software on ZTE M910Z

I was just in same boat looking to download so called update to mo2. Went to russian site and downloaded complete mo2 software 366MB. Turns out to1 as installed is latest software for mf910z. Mo2 is previous model mf910y software. If your device is working ok leave it alone. Mo2 is only installed if problems arise.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more