CrowdSupport®
omy005
Level 4: Private Eye

Unlock mobile 4G broadband device

Hello, how do I unlock my mobile broadband device (netgear 785s)?

I've had it for about 2 years and I went to a Telstra store today and they said they were unable to do this, yet the Telstra website says to visit a Telstra store?

Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Unlock mobile 4G broadband device

@omy005

I'm not sure where on the Telstra Website you saw that you can take the device in store. If you let me know, I can have this corrected.

Information available on our Website here shows you the steps needed to unlock a device.

The instructions are the same for mobile phones and for mobile broadband devices.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

omy005
Level 4: Private Eye

About halfway down the web page is below, You can also visit your nearest Telstra store.

Even says, "We’ll walk you through the unlocking instructions."?

To unlock your Pre-Paid mobile:

Call us on 1258880 and have your IMEI ready, or if you’re overseas call +61 439 125 888 (international call charges will apply). You can also visit your nearest Telstra store.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/pre-paid/unlocking-your-telstra-mobile-d...

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@omy005

Great, thanks. I'll pass the feedback along.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now