restorator
Level 1: Cadet

: Using ZTE MF91 Prepaid 4G Modem on Telstra to access IP Camera

Hi,
I want to use a : ZTE MF91 Prepaid 4G Modem from Telstra to access an IP Security Camera (Uniden Guardian G3720) which has an ethernet cable connection. I read somewhere that an old wifi router could be config to match the ZTE MF91 Modems IP address to work as an ethernet bridge, will this work or would a proper ethernet bridge work? Not sure of the modems capabilities.
Thankyou
Regards Rob

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: : Using ZTE MF91 Prepaid 4G Modem on Telstra to access IP Camera

You could use an old router if it has a WiFi bridge mode. Not all routers support WiFi bridge mode. Check the routers settings for WiFi bridge mode or a WDS setting in the WiFi settings.

You could also use a WiFi extender with an Ethernet port such as the TP-Link  TL-WA850RE that costs about $39 new.

If the camera requires port forwarding it want work over the mobile network as the modem will not have a public IP address.

restorator
Level 1: Cadet

Thankyou so much! You are a champion,
it does have the port forwarding so you have saved me a lot of time. I'll have to re think what to do, do you have any suggestions? The area I need surveillance on is a building site so there is no phone connection . Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Cheers again Rob
Highlighted

There are some business mobile broadband services with a GPTEXB3 Profile have a public IP address. You could try getting a business mobile broadband account with a public IP address.

The other alternative is to use a camera that does not require port forwarding.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now