CrowdSupport®
restorator
Level 1: Cadet

: Using ZTE MF91 Prepaid 4G Modem on Telstra to access IP Camera

Hi,
I want to use a : ZTE MF91 Prepaid 4G Modem from Telstra to access an IP Security Camera (Uniden Guardian G3720) which has an ethernet cable connection. I read somewhere that an old wifi router could be config to match the ZTE MF91 Modems IP address to work as an ethernet bridge, will this work or would a proper ethernet bridge work? Not sure of the modems capabilities.
Thankyou
Regards Rob

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: : Using ZTE MF91 Prepaid 4G Modem on Telstra to access IP Camera

You could use an old router if it has a WiFi bridge mode. Not all routers support WiFi bridge mode. Check the routers settings for WiFi bridge mode or a WDS setting in the WiFi settings.

You could also use a WiFi extender with an Ethernet port such as the TP-Link  TL-WA850RE that costs about $39 new.

If the camera requires port forwarding it want work over the mobile network as the modem will not have a public IP address.

restorator
Level 1: Cadet

Thankyou so much! You are a champion,
it does have the port forwarding so you have saved me a lot of time. I'll have to re think what to do, do you have any suggestions? The area I need surveillance on is a building site so there is no phone connection . Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Cheers again Rob

There are some business mobile broadband services with a GPTEXB3 Profile have a public IP address. You could try getting a business mobile broadband account with a public IP address.

The other alternative is to use a camera that does not require port forwarding.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now