CrowdSupport®
charng
Level 2: Rookie

WIFI advanced II (Aircard 790s) cannot show remaining data or days any more.

Hi,

I have a prepaid mobile broadband SIM. I know for a fact that, at the beginning of the year, I could still see how much data and how many days left on this device. I don't turn on this device very often but I noticed that around a month ago when I turned it on, those info would not diaplay any more. I thought I'd just wait a bit. Now it still says "data usage info unavailable at this time". I have no trouble using this mobile hotspot to get onto the internet and I sure have data left and not expired. I found a similar issue with Aircard 782s posted here years ago. It was a software thing and eventully it got fixed. I think my issue is of the same nature. Can someone please look into it and develop a fix soon. Thanks and happy holiday.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: WIFI advanced II (Aircard 790s) cannot show remaining data or days any more.

The issue was identified (affects basically all mobile broadband devices barring the HTC 5G hub and Nighthawk M2) and a fix was being rolled out.

Last I heard so far half of all affected devices had been fixed

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Level 23: Superhero

Re: WIFI advanced II (Aircard 790s) cannot show remaining data or days any more.

As of now, my  Aircard still does not show anything as reported by charng above

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
hyppolyte
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Both my pre-paid Aircard 790S and Nighthawk MR1100 are reporting “data usage unavailable at this time”. Reboots and factory resets to no avail. This issue is also being discussed in the Netgear forums. 
@Yastiandrie, Do you know what the fix involves, is it firmware or something more esoteric to Telstra?

I use mine everyday and still nothing. 

50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.

It's a fix that needs to be applied to every affected individual modem from from each affected model but I'm not sure if it's being deployed via a traditional firmware update or not.

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

My Aircard modem offered me an update which installed correctly just now, but there is still no data usage indication,  as I've had since using it the last 3 3/4 years until a few weeks ago.

Must be a Telstra issue.

hyppolyte

Read your post and tried to update AirCard 790s. Instead of usual message that no updates are available, I received error message as depicted:

200106-790s-SW-update error.png200106-Aircard790s-FW.png

otherwise no change.

@ProfessorPhone  What firmware version do you now have?

I actually received that same message a few says ago "update error"

Even though it permanently "lives" in the optional cradle permanently without the battery.... it wouldn't install in the cradle... so I had to install

the battery and remove it from the cradle.

Absolutely nowhere does it show software/firmware version. It did not show it before, during or after todays update or failure last week.

Its not on any part of the menu.

hyppolyte

My cradle in is storage since I got the MR1100 for always on rural home internet. 790s pre-paid used with battery always in.

Have you tried clicking on About next to the Logout in the webpage dashboard screen? That is where I got the firmware info.

Mine is post paid and I've never ever even had to manually log in. I've also never been in the webpage since it the original unit totally bricked early in 2016 and Netgear and Telstra made me pay to replace it. I'm not inclined to "fiddle" with it as I use it every day without touching it even clicking on anything to make it work

hyppolyte

During a chat to Telstra, I chose to comply with a factory reset. This resulted in the main screen message changing from "data usage info unavailable at this time" to "Detecting Service". Followed by a recommendation to visit the Telstra Shop.

Of interest during this exercise was the discovery of Device Information including Firmware information in the Device Menu.

From the Home Screen Tap Settings|More|Device Information. (Just above Software Updates) Scroll down for Firmware Version.

I had never looked in there before always just heading to the Settings|More|Software Updates.

I am interested to know if version NTG9X35C_11.11.08.00 is the latest one available.

Hello,

Below is the info you asked for:

NTG9X40C_11.14.08.24   Firmware build date  2017/06/09

Model:  AirCard 810S

Hope that helps!

latest i have is that models that have not been restored will need FW updates.

Huawei, Netgear, and ZTE are all currently working on updates

Thanks

i did a Netgear update yesterday but it didn’t make any difference 

Regards

Highlighted

Fix hasn't been released yet @ProfessorPhone 

New firmware for all the affected devices that should fix the issue has been created by the manufacturers and is currently undergoing testing

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit