Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

What are the Telstra 4G LTE APN Settings?

Answered

Does anyone know what the APN Settings are for this device:

http://www.telstra.com.au/bigpond-internet/mobile-broadband/bigpond/

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: What are the Telstra 4G LTE APN Settings?

Hi Monty,

APN Settings are as follows:

TMB Devices (non-bigpond branded) - telstra.internet

Bigpond Devices - telstra.bigpond

If you are having connectivity issues while using these APN's it may indicate a possible issue on the service level (incorrect codes on a/c etc).

Cheers

Josh | Tech Expert |
Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES
Level 21: Augmented

haven't seen one but I would have thought it would use telstra.internet like most other devices on the network, is that not the case?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

If its a Bigpond service, try Telstra.bigpond. If its a prepaid sim card in the device it's Telstra.internet. Assuming the same can be said for business broadband

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

nelly82
Level 16: Secret Agent

Unless Im mistaken,  it could also be telstra.data or telstra.datapack if you have a business Telstra Mobile Broadband plan.

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!
Ben_F

All 4 of which exist in the connection manager software. Maybe cycle through them till you get the right one?

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Monty,

If you are having connectivity issues while using these APN's it may indicate a possible issue on the service level (incorrect codes on a/c etc).

Cheers

Josh | Tech Expert |

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
Ben_F

JCKH wrote:

Hi Monty,

Cheers

Do we know what the telstra.datapack and telstra.pcpack APNs are?

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

These APN's were generally used with the older data devices (PCMCIA and PCIe cards for eg) with the older data plans where you would have correlating codes on the account (pcpack/datapack codes). Still able to be used to some extent I believe but I stopped using them for APN's years ago now. Much more simplified with just the two telstra/BP APN's Smiley Happy
Josh | Tech Expert |

paulrob
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for this. I'd installed the Win 10 developers preview on my Nokia Lumia 930 and lost data connectivity. This APN helped me get it up & running. One note though. After configuring it and exiting Settings, you have to go back into the settings and activate the APN. Not quite intuitive but it works.

abcd1234-91
Level 1: Cadet

I need my phone to latch to LTE Network in Australia . Kindly let me know the LTE APN configuration setting for Android phone

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Abcd1234-91

To ensure that you receive the best assistance for your inquiry, I'm flagging your post with our Social Media Mobile team, so that they can make contact with you during the day, and provide you with the information you need. 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more