CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Steve13
Level 1: Cadet

What is the difference between the Advanced II and Advanced Pro X wireless 4G Modems

Answered

Hi,

I can't seem to identify anywhere the difference between these two modems. I'd appreciate any advice I can get.

My principal need is for speed of connection both of the WiFi and the wireless to base station. We live on a farm bypassed by the NBN fixed wireless and exhchange incapable of running ADSL2+ but we can get fast internet via Telstra 4GX (at a price) with a 9dB antenna. So keen to know if there is a speed difference between the two modems. Many Thanks. Steve.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrPhone
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: What is the difference between the Advanced II and Advanced Pro X wireless 4G Modems

Not a real lot of difference, the Pro will support more devices hooking into it, works on the full range of LTE bands 4G, snd is dual band 2.4/5g.

In theory it should be a little faster than the previous model of advance 11, but I'd say only marginally.

I am Not a Telstra employee.
A kudos would be most appreciated if I have been helpful and of some assistance!
If my advice has been correct, please mark it as a solution.
Thank you

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DrPhone
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: What is the difference between the Advanced II and Advanced Pro X wireless 4G Modems

Not a real lot of difference, the Pro will support more devices hooking into it, works on the full range of LTE bands 4G, snd is dual band 2.4/5g.

In theory it should be a little faster than the previous model of advance 11, but I'd say only marginally.

I am Not a Telstra employee.
A kudos would be most appreciated if I have been helpful and of some assistance!
If my advice has been correct, please mark it as a solution.
Thank you

View solution in original post

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Yeah, I have the Advance II (because I prefer the shaped BigPond plans and the Pro X isn't available on those) and I have seen speeds of up to 102/48Mbps in 4GX areas

But it doesn't have as many option in the Wi-Fi network, the Pro X has a few extra options you can choose in setting up your Wi-Fi Network.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now