CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Steve13
Level 1: Cadet

What is the difference between the Advanced II and Advanced Pro X wireless 4G Modems

Answered

Hi,

I can't seem to identify anywhere the difference between these two modems. I'd appreciate any advice I can get.

My principal need is for speed of connection both of the WiFi and the wireless to base station. We live on a farm bypassed by the NBN fixed wireless and exhchange incapable of running ADSL2+ but we can get fast internet via Telstra 4GX (at a price) with a 9dB antenna. So keen to know if there is a speed difference between the two modems. Many Thanks. Steve.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrPhone
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: What is the difference between the Advanced II and Advanced Pro X wireless 4G Modems

Not a real lot of difference, the Pro will support more devices hooking into it, works on the full range of LTE bands 4G, snd is dual band 2.4/5g.

In theory it should be a little faster than the previous model of advance 11, but I'd say only marginally.

I am Not a Telstra employee.
A kudos would be most appreciated if I have been helpful and of some assistance!
If my advice has been correct, please mark it as a solution.
Thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DrPhone
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: What is the difference between the Advanced II and Advanced Pro X wireless 4G Modems

Not a real lot of difference, the Pro will support more devices hooking into it, works on the full range of LTE bands 4G, snd is dual band 2.4/5g.

In theory it should be a little faster than the previous model of advance 11, but I'd say only marginally.

I am Not a Telstra employee.
A kudos would be most appreciated if I have been helpful and of some assistance!
If my advice has been correct, please mark it as a solution.
Thank you
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Yeah, I have the Advance II (because I prefer the shaped BigPond plans and the Pro X isn't available on those) and I have seen speeds of up to 102/48Mbps in 4GX areas

But it doesn't have as many option in the Wi-Fi network, the Pro X has a few extra options you can choose in setting up your Wi-Fi Network.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now