CrowdSupport®
kangabill9
Level 1: Cadet

Why Can't I Recharge at the new Rates??

Answered

I have tried to relacharge my laptop Broadband dongle using recharge on my Bigpond home page.

It's giving me old choices for the recharge amounts; that is $180 for 12 months recharge.

Also if I go in via Mobile Broadband recharge, it also gives me the old recharge prices.

How do I access the new 360 day recharge of $50??

Or is it that being an existing user number I can't access the new rates??

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Why Can't I Recharge at the new Rates??

That is correct, the additional credit is charged at $2/MB, so $100 would indeed give you 50MB.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3

In order to access the new rates you would have to update your rate plan to the new one. You might need to have a chat with Pre-Paid in order to do that, but you should be able to do it on the phone or online,

https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:MobileSmiley Very Happyefault

132200 and say "prepaid"

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

kangabill9
Level 1: Cadet

Sorted........... thanks.

One last question. I'll have 5GB for 12 months from today plus a credit for my unused old plan useage.

So if I have, let's say $100 credit, when I run out the 5GB allowance, the credit will get me $2 per MB, or another 50 Mb of useage??

That's how I read it.

Bill

Accepted Solution

That is correct, the additional credit is charged at $2/MB, so $100 would indeed give you 50MB.

Helpful Links

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now