Highlighted
jenik1
Level 1: Cadet

Wireless Broadband plan upgrade - big difference between advertised and verbal price

Answered

Wishing to upgrade existing Bigpond wireless broadband plan to larger GB one but the advertised plan of interest for same device is $10 less than what the customer service person is offering. Currently have about 12 months to run on existing plan and always understood can go up without penalty charges.... Tried to do the upgrade through bigpond myaccount but that is also a different price.????   False advertising?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
veeblefetzer
Level 6: Bloodhound
Accepted Solution

Re: Wireless Broadband plan upgrade - big difference between advertised and verbal price

This is a problem with the Telstra website, not you or the representative.

bp01.jpg

Observe the two product headings above the prices.  It's not very obvious.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 20: Director

Re: Wireless Broadband plan upgrade - big difference between advertised and verbal price

Hi,

What is your mobile broadband plan called and what data usage quota are you looking at going up to. ?

Cheers.

jenik1
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Extendo

BigPond® Mobile Broadband 4GB is the current name on account - wanting to increase to 8GB.  Website advertises at $55/m but salesperson tried to charge $65/m

veeblefetzer
Level 6: Bloodhound
Accepted Solution

This is a problem with the Telstra website, not you or the representative.

bp01.jpg

Observe the two product headings above the prices.  It's not very obvious.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi jenik1,

Just to clarify, there are two types of plans, one is a Telstra Mobile Broadband Explorer, and the other is the BigPond Mobile Broadband. These are two different types of services for using internet data.

The Telstra Mobile Broadband option runs on a mobile service number, and has no data limits, which therefore means you get charged for any excess usage. 

The BigPond Mobile Broadband uses a BigPond username, and if the plan limit is reached, the service will simply shape the speeds. 

You have advised that you are on the BigPond Mobile Broadband option, and for that specific plan, the 8GB is $65 per month. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

lethal7
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Wireless Broadband plan upgrade

hello I have just increased my plan to 8gb per month but my data usage says i only have 7.23gb to use? why would this be

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Wireless Broadband plan upgrade

Hi Lethal7

That would most likely be that you have changed your plan, shortly after your monthly cycle began, and therefore your usage has been recalculated, for this month only. 

You will also find a coinciding credit on your bill, as your billing cycle would be split into two,your old plan, and your new one. 

I hope this makes sense, but if you need further information please speak with our Live Chat team 

http://tel.st/49kl

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more