CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

call from outbound sales re 100 points of id re simm supply for bundle

Answered

I had an odd call from outbound sales and marketing who wanted info to supply a sim for a data allowance in an entertainer bundle. They asked for 100 points of id and said sim would arrive wednesday or earlier. Todays mail..no sim. Is this legit? Gave me incomplete order no so cannot track. 1-13082657949...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: call from outbound sales re 100 points of id re simm supply for bundle

Hi BobE,

This would actually have been a legitimate call - there was an issue where some mobile broadband devices on a bundle were sent out without a SIM, making them unusable in the short term.  Given that, we're in the process of calling all affected customers to talk through the issue, apologise for the inconvenience caused and finalise the provisioning of the SIM required for their device.  So there shouldn't be any cause to worry about your bank balance, but if you want to be sure about this, speak with our online chat team via http://tel.st/eAUDU and confirm for you.  Smiley Happy

- Justin

Telstra Social Media Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Um err one word eeeeeeeeeeeeeek. So some random wanted your identity and you handed it over. I'd check your bank balance. I certainly wouldn't be handing any info over on a cold call even if they where claiming to be CEO of telstra. Lets hope I'm wrong and the sim turns up Friday.

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Hi BobE,

This would actually have been a legitimate call - there was an issue where some mobile broadband devices on a bundle were sent out without a SIM, making them unusable in the short term.  Given that, we're in the process of calling all affected customers to talk through the issue, apologise for the inconvenience caused and finalise the provisioning of the SIM required for their device.  So there shouldn't be any cause to worry about your bank balance, but if you want to be sure about this, speak with our online chat team via http://tel.st/eAUDU and confirm for you.  Smiley Happy

- Justin

Telstra Social Media Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit