CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
nomorefans
Level 2: Rookie

cant send email

Answered

I can receive emails from my other provider through mozilla on my iphone but I cannot send emails. It is 4G. I have just so helpfully been told that I should be able to but haven't as yet. I seem to have set-up problems. I also have problems with my mozilla account anyway. Should this be sorted first and then what to do for the rest? Any suggestions would be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: cant send email

Are you talking about sending email from your own website or another internet provider? If you are trying to send mail using port 25 it will fail as Telstra blocks users from sending mail on networks other than their own. Changing your outgoing mail server from whoever you are using to mail.bigpond.com works for me.

Try this link from Apple on changing or adding an outgoing server: http://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202175

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

Your outgoing email settings need to reflect the provider you are using. If you are connected to optus you need to use their outgoing setting such as smtp.optusnet.com.au. If you are using Telstra then your outgoing setting are going to be different again.

Edit: if you are using a Telstra prepaid device to receive and send emails from another provider then try changing your outgoing mail settings to mail.bigpond.com

nomorefans
Level 2: Rookie

I checked and my outgoing smpt is to my other provider from who the emails come in from but I cant send out. You mentioned changing if you are using telstra prepaid. Can you give me a step-by step? I don't know where to change setting from and to what. I receive mail from icloud and my oher provider.

Thanks for your help so far though.

Accepted Solution

Are you talking about sending email from your own website or another internet provider? If you are trying to send mail using port 25 it will fail as Telstra blocks users from sending mail on networks other than their own. Changing your outgoing mail server from whoever you are using to mail.bigpond.com works for me.

Try this link from Apple on changing or adding an outgoing server: http://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202175

View solution in original post

PGD1964
Level 1: Cadet

I have a bigpond email account on my ipad and whilst I can receive incoming emails into my inbox, I cannot send emails.  I get warning message

Cannot Send Mail

The user name or password is incorrect

These are correct if not the email account would not have been established on the ipad.  I have deleted and reloaded, checking the passwords etc.

Please help 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Have you checked the authentication settings for the outgoing mail server?  The username needs to be updated for the incoming and outgoing mail server separately. 

You can confirm the settings that you should be using by logging into: http://www.telstra.com/emailservercheck

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now