CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
funnykids2
Level 2: Rookie

mobile broadband

Answered

Hi 

i am bit of a newbie in the mobile broadband game i just changed my broadband plan and included in it is 500 mbs of mobile broadband what i would like to know is

What is it and how do i use it and can i use it through my smart phone

thanks in advance for any help

Funnykids2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: mobile broadband

hi Funnykids2 and a very big welcome to Crowd Support

We have recently upgraded our Bundles again, to add a couple of additional extras to some of them.

-        When you change your bundle to one of the Telstra Max, Telstra Pinnacle, Telstra Entertainer Max or Telstra Entertainer Pinnacle bundles, you will receive a SIM card for a Mobile Broadband Device, available on the supplied SIM only,  for any use within Australia.

-        If you feel that you need more than 500mb of additional data, you can also purchase additional data packs. Excess usage charges are 10 cents per mb.

Basically it is up to you if you use the SIM or not, but it just allows you that little more flexibility to take the internet with you when you leave home.

Lindy
Telstra Social Media Team

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 23: Superhero

Hi there, welcome Smiley Wink

The maximum mobile broadband package is 15GB. Home broadband however is 500MB.

I'm clearly confused as I would've thought you would know what you have sign upto.. I guess once we find out you you actually have I guess we can work from there Smiley Wink

Cheers,
Dave

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

hi Funnykids2 and a very big welcome to Crowd Support

We have recently upgraded our Bundles again, to add a couple of additional extras to some of them.

-        When you change your bundle to one of the Telstra Max, Telstra Pinnacle, Telstra Entertainer Max or Telstra Entertainer Pinnacle bundles, you will receive a SIM card for a Mobile Broadband Device, available on the supplied SIM only,  for any use within Australia.

-        If you feel that you need more than 500mb of additional data, you can also purchase additional data packs. Excess usage charges are 10 cents per mb.

Basically it is up to you if you use the SIM or not, but it just allows you that little more flexibility to take the internet with you when you leave home.

Lindy
Telstra Social Media Team

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

funnykids2
Level 2: Rookie

thanks so much now i understand what the extra mobile thing was ,they just didnt tell me that was included in the bundle so was a bit surprised and confused what it was and what i could use it on 

thanks Once again 

Funnykids2

gwmbox
Level 13: Super Sleuth

@Caaf wrote:

The maximum mobile broadband package is 15GB. H...

Actually there is a 25GB plan for $160 per month

Roll on the NBN!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now