CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
carlienlel
Level 2: Rookie

mobile wifi 4GX advance 111 won't allow wifi direct between laptops and printer

I just recontracted to Telstra Mobile Wifi 4GX from Bigpond Mobile Wifi 4G where I had finished the contract.  The latter allowed my devices, two laptops and a printer to talk to each other through the wifi.  It was perfect.  With the Telstra Wifi 4Gx Advanced 111, the devices are showing as connected but the printer will not print wirlelessly with the wifi direct setting.  I do not want to use the wireless direct option from the printer, as I would be changing back and forth all day to get the internet connection back.

I have excluded anti-virus as the cause.  I have bought the latest model of the same printer as before, which is both wifi direct enabled and wireless direct enabled, and the problem is the same.  I am now left with the Bigpond wifi reactivated as it WORKS, but when it dies or the battery does, I am left with only this new "advanced" model, no ability to print wirelessly and a two year contract.  HELP!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
26 REPLIES 26
GMitchl
Level 1: Cadet

Re: mobile wifi 4GX advance 111 won't allow wifi direct between laptops and printer

I have the same problem and am not impressed either. Notice your post is 10 days old??? What? Telstra not watching???

Come on Telstra I need my printer.

uno49

Re: mobile wifi 4GX advance 111 won't allow wifi direct between laptops and printer

My computer connects to the new 4GX Advance 111 my HP 4630 Printer connects to the 4GX Advance 111 as well, but I cannot print from the computer to the printer. I have just upgraded from the old 4G to the new 4GX , the old one worked perfectly, SOLUTION PLEASE  

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi All,

I suggest giving us a call on 13 22 00 (say mobile faults) and lodge a fault so we can look into this strange issue further. Could be a compatibility issue.

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Julz7

So I have the same issue with my Canon MG6250.  Contacted Telstra as suggested and was told I needed to speak with Netgear.  Contacted Netgear to be told I need to speak with my service provider!!!!!!!!  2 hours later and I still have no answer as to why I cannot print anything.  Can anyone help????

Julz7

Have just purchased a new Epson printer & still have the same issue, will not connect via 4GX only through wifi direct which is an absolute pain switching between all the time. Someone must know what the issue is here!!!!
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Julz7

When you called through to Telstra, on 132200, did you request to speak with our Mobile Faults team so that a ticket can be lodged, which will then allow us to investigate what is going on? 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

IT_Navigate

Hi Lindy,

I have called 132200 and Spoke with Mobile Faults.

As I am not the account holder, and it has taken me 2 hours to get to this stage and the account holder is not available, I cannot raise a ticket. When the account holder is available, they will respond to the email that the phone consultant apparently has sent, he will authorise me, then we can start again.

As this is a problem perported many times on this site, can you not just open a ticket?

However, I have had plenty of time to ponder this problem, and I believe that you may have a firmware issue, where the routing between WIFI devices is not enabled.

Montydog1

Lindy I have been back to the tech support bar and wasted over an hour of my time with laptop, printer and both  my old 4G advanced and the new 4GX Advanced III, I have also wasted over an hour on your 24x7 chat. How many hoops do we have to jump through??

Itnavigate
Level 4: Private Eye

Hi Lindy,

Today I did get to lodge a ticket with Mobile Faults on behalf of my customer.

They didn't seem interested in hearing that information had been provided on this site, so I don't know how the ticket and these posts are going to be related.

I have a ticket number which I can provide, but I'm not sure of the rules and regulations for this site - Do I post it here, or PM it ot someone?

Colin Manning
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Itnavigate,

If you've lodged an investigation you shouldn't need to provide us the reference number unless you don't receive any contact back within the time frame given. If its been escalated the correct area will be looking into it further and will get back to you with the outcome.

-Matt W

grahcom

I am having the network/comms problem with my Air Card 810s purchased late last week. I should have checked theis and Whilpool forums before i made the purchase.

see my full reply/post

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobile-Broadband-3G-4G/Netgear-Telstra-wifi-4GX-Advanced-III-...

grahcom

Hi Itnavigate, Wondering if you got your 810s networking problems solved?

Can't believe they're still seeking these with such a crucial fault.
What's worse is that it's impossible to get Telstra to look into the issue - after 45 mins on phone, an hour on chat (repeatedly being refused escalation), and half an hour logging a complaint (that won't be picked up for a week), the closest I've got to anyone acknowledging an issue is a suggestion to take it to a store for assessment.
I'm more upset about Telstra not having any mechanism to log or report faults than the shocking state of the product.

*selling not seeking
grahcom

I can only agree with you, the product is not fit for sale..... Netgear and Telstra both aware of the problem an upgrade firmware patch is supposed to be in the making but who knows when and if it will fix the problems. Either take it back and swap it for the Hawaei made Telstra WI-FI 4G Advanced Pro within the 30 days of purchase or get a cradle. There are some cheaper ones about but either of the Netgear ones seem to work straight up.

natters14

Hi Matt

i too am having this problem after upgrading from Sierra to Netgear.  Has there been any update - i have now wasted about 3 days on this, uninstalling and reinstalling printer, hp chat and direct help, speaking with Netgear who advise Telstra is responsible and Telstra who inform me it is a HP problem.

Where to from here?

grahcom

Natters14  see my reply above,  for solutions,  also for most tethering the modem to the computer via USB cable  works, but may have other issues.  

ZigZager

I have just updated from a Siara dongle with Netcomm Router to a NetGear 810s Aircard Advanced III with a Netgear cradle DC112A.

Nothing advanced about ths product! my HP Envy 100 printer would no longer connect via wireless. Tryied all the settings I could think off before checking croud support only to find I have struck what is obviously a know bug in the product and still not fixed.

It made no difference to try the Advanced III on its own or the cradle on its own or both as a pair. I could connect both my Mac's, an iPhone and Samsung phone but no luck with the HP Printer. I do note that the cradle has worked for some printer issues but did not work for my HP printer.

I am a communications Engineer by trade, trained with British Telecom, with over 40 years experience inculding 8 years with an Australia  modem company as thier Technical Support Manager. If they had had this product on the market it would have received a full recall until fixed.

Luckily for me I also have an Apple Time Machine which is also an Airport router so I was able to connect this via ethernet to the Netgear cradle I then turned off the Netgear SSID then turned on the Time Machine WiFi and my printer is now back and looks like a network hard wired ethernet device via the Time Machine.

Telstra really do need to get their act together and force Netgear to fix the Aircard Advanced II, it has a major bug and anyone hitting this problem would have every rigt to demand their money back.

grahcom

Mine is working ok in the Netgear cradle DC112A. but as you found out this does not work for everyone.  The product should be removed from sale, I regret not taking it back and getting the Huawe madei Telstra WI-FI 4G Advanced Pro

rgd

Enable IPv6 on the printer. You'll likely find this under Network settings, possibly Advanced, on the printer control panel.

I have been able to print from a Windows10 laptop to both a HP Officejet 4620 and a Samsung CLX 3305FW using the Aircard 810s.

Hope this helps.

ev1

Is epson workforce 545 printer compatible with telstra wifi 4g advanced 111

grahcom

I don't know, but from my experience I would not get the telstra wifi 4g advanced 111 but would get the Telstra WI-FI 4G Advanced Pro.   I doubt that I will ever touch Netgear products again.

Smythbuilt
Level 2: Rookie

I've just been burned by this same issue. Devices on the WiFi network cannot ping or connect to other devices. 100% its a problem with the Advanced III.

There are rumours of a firmware update, but I can't find anything anywhere. Has this device been given up on and left permanently not fit for purpose?

grahcom

YES it is a dud,  and YES there is an update firmware that seems to fix most porblems, BUT unexplained excessive data leakage is still a problem.  The patch has been out a month or 2.   From memoryTo update/find the update you just need to login to your dashboard web page and go into the relevant menu.

Itnavigate

Hi Grahcom.

In short - No, I didin't get this resolved. The customer ended up beng fed up with it taking so long to resolve, that they threw thier hands up and said to just print via USB, swapping as required. When I get back I willtry the latest update and IPV6 etc, so I may get a solution for them. Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your info.

Colin Manning
Itnavigate

Hi Grahcom.

In short - No, I didin't get this resolved. The customer ended up beng fed up with it taking so long to resolve, that they threw thier hands up and said to just print via USB, swapping as required. When I get back I willtry the latest update and IPV6 etc, so I may get a solution for them. Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your info.

Colin Manning

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now