Highlighted
Musical
Level 1: Cadet

new Prepaid Mobile Broadband Rates per MB ?

Answered

I have used the 'pre-paid Data+ Cap' plan for a number of years, paying $180 per year.

I know I am paying  $1.46 per MB currently , but  I see now at recharge time, there are new offers available.

'Telstra Prepaid Mobile Broadband Data Pass..'

I have the option to stay in the old current plan, or change to the new, but can't go back to the old if I change.?

Can anyone tell me 'What are the charges per MB for the new plans please?' as I can't find it written anywhere..

Telling me that 'for $140 I can have 16 GB over 2years with a 2 year pass'  if the rates per MB are higher, my 16GB will be gone long before the 2years are up. 

Thank you for any help..  Smiley Happy  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
settlerbill
Level 6: Bloodhound
Accepted Solution

Re: new Prepaid Mobile Broadband Rates per MB ?

G'day musical, a little matter of mathss. 1000mb per GB. 100 cents to the dollar. Therefore 14000 cents divided by 16000mb =0.875 cents per mb. You are definitly better off with the new plans.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
settlerbill
Level 6: Bloodhound
Accepted Solution

G'day musical, a little matter of mathss. 1000mb per GB. 100 cents to the dollar. Therefore 14000 cents divided by 16000mb =0.875 cents per mb. You are definitly better off with the new plans.

Level 22: Superhuman

Hello, some extra informationon the new plans

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/prepaid-freedom?tc=G|BMM|D|TP|TPREP|Prepaid...

Kind regards

Professor Phone

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Musical

Doh !  Smiley Embarassed

Now why didn't I think of that 2 days ago LOL..

Cheers settlerbill for pointing that out. 

Sometimes the answers are right in front of your face.

Thanks again..

dwr

The data pass is advertised as $30 for 3 gig, but when I went to recharge it was still $50 for 3 gig.

This is blatant false advertisiing. 

I have switched to Vodafone & now I get 2 gig for $15.

AliceStreet

I have a Telstra Prepaid Plus $30 plan for my mobile. I have the data blocked as I wish to use the phone as a phone (I have an ipad and laptop for date usage). While I like the $700 call credit and unlimited texts, I will not use the call credit in the 28 days of this plan. I am sure there are others like me who would love to have the features of this plan over 60 days. Telstra is not addressing a huge section of their market! I am also miffed at Telstra and many other providers moving from monthly to 28 day billing - a cynical grab for money! Your customers are not impressed. the providers who return to/stay with monthly billing will pick up many of your dissatisfied customers. 

I prefer to stay with Telstra given the choice. Here is your opportunity to introduce a plan for us baby boomers or others who do not need data on their phones...

Alice Street

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@AliceStreet

Thanks for the feedback about our offers. we assess these frequently and make changes where appropriate to ensure we're competitive in the market.

As you've mentioned, Telstra is not the only provider with offers similar to our own.

If you're looking for a Prepaid Offer that does not include a data allowance you may like to check out our other offers on our website that also include different expiry times and validity periods.

I hope that helps.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now