CrowdSupport®
westpest
Level 3: Gumshoe

pre paid sim

I had $2 sim activated at a Telstra shop and now it won't let me recharge with a tablet data pack. It will only allow a phone type recharge. Am I just better of throwing it away and starting again?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: pre paid sim

Did you get the $2 SIM that is specifically for Tablets?  If you got a normal phone one it will only accept phone type recharges.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: pre paid sim

Hi westpest,

Are you able to go back to the Telstra store that activated it and tell them that they provided you the wrong sim and activated it for the wrong type of device?

You can also try Live Chat 

https://livechat.telstra.com/

Or ring Prepaid on 1258887, they might be able to swap your sim account from the mobile to data.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit