LaS11
Level 2: Rookie

pre-paid telstra wi-fi 4G

Answered

I have a pre-paid Telstra Wi-Fi 4G (ZTE) which I bought with an inserted sim several years ago but had stopped using it for a while. I want to know how I can reactivate the device so I can recharge it. Do I need to go and get another sim card? It already has an inserted sim card. It asks for a 10 digit number when I try to reactivate online but I don't know what this number is.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: pre-paid telstra wi-fi 4G

The ten digit number sounds like phone number, but even if you new this number you will not be able to reactivate the SIM if it last recharge expired more the 6 months ago.

The easiest way is to get another prepaid starter SIM card. You can get one for $30 dollars and last time I looked they included more data than a $30 recharge. Super markets and stores such as kmart sometimes have these starter packs on sale for $10-$15.
LaS11
Accepted Solution

No luck yet. I went to the supermarket and bought a $2 sim card and loaded it on prepaid. Got the device to connect to the computer and this was fine but it has no internet access. So, not sure what this means. Help please.
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @LaS11,

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but did you activate your new sim card? If it's activated, it may not have included any credit. Ways that you can check your balance online can be found here http://tel.st/mlqtm. Recharge options can also be found here http://tel.st/88l7l. Let me know if you have any questions. 

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

The ten digit number sounds like phone number, but even if you new this number you will not be able to reactivate the SIM if it last recharge expired more the 6 months ago.

The easiest way is to get another prepaid starter SIM card. You can get one for $30 dollars and last time I looked they included more data than a $30 recharge. Super markets and stores such as kmart sometimes have these starter packs on sale for $10-$15.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @LaS11

Just checking in to see how you went and if you need any further help?

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

LaS11
Accepted Solution

No luck yet. I went to the supermarket and bought a $2 sim card and loaded it on prepaid. Got the device to connect to the computer and this was fine but it has no internet access. So, not sure what this means. Help please.
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @LaS11,

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but did you activate your new sim card? If it's activated, it may not have included any credit. Ways that you can check your balance online can be found here http://tel.st/mlqtm. Recharge options can also be found here http://tel.st/88l7l. Let me know if you have any questions. 

- Tim 

Highlighted
LaS11

It was activated on a Saturday but it took till Sunday to get the internet access going. A bit strainge but all working now.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear it's up and running now.

Please let me know if there's anything else we can help with.

-Chris

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more