Highlighted
leonie85
Level 2: Rookie

problems with aircard 782s

Howdy, i have had a sierra wireless 760s for a couple years. trouble free until recently it was dropping out of signal, turned out it has a swollen battery. so telstra have sent me out a netgear aircard 782s which i am finding a lot of issues with. I am a regular gamer. and most of my use with my old wifi hotspot has been with video gaming consoles. trouble free for the most part. get in servers and stay in servers fine. this new thing is shaping up to be a pile of junk as first time trying to use it on battlefield and cannot even pick up servers and if it does, may or may not join. times out most of the time. and if i do manage to get in lag and rubber banding are so bad it is unplayable. the 760s ran fine.  this is sitting in the same places i put my old one, and it keeps picking up and dropping out of signal.

what is going on telstra? i cannot play my video games. new stuff is meant to be an improvement but this is really giving me some grief. i pay a lot of money per month for internet and to not even get on the video game is a serious issue.

is there sometime i have done wrong? am trying different channels but not really making a difference. i just want a new battery for my old 760s as that worked a hell of a lot better than this stupid  782s thing.

please offer some advice.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
leonie85

Re: problems with aircard 782s

is anyone able to offer some assistance? my parents and sister also have one of these and they are finding it slow and not connecting/running even though is moving between 3G/H. i rang telstra lastnight, it was escalated to the tech team and they are supposed to be ringing me back. when im not sure i hope today.

does anybody know where i might be able to find batteries for sierra wireless 760s?  as that though it is older, it works a lot better and i can actually get into the servers and play withough hassle in battlefield 4.

TheWanderer38
Level 16: Secret Agent

Hi

New batteries for the 760 seem to be as scarce as hens teeth!

So, you have two options as I see it...

1. take the battery pack to a battery shop and see if they can replace the cells.. could be expensive!

2. buy a usb battery pack for around $30-$40 that connect to the usb port on the 760 and run it that way?

3. If it doesn't have to be portable, get a Mains USB carger for less than $20...

Hope this helps a little..

cheers

leonie85

thanks, that they certainly are. the 760s worked so much better then this stupid 782s telstra sent me out to replace the other with. only activated it yesterday, cannot play video games and just on the internet on my laptop it keeps dropping out!

TheWanderer38

Hi

You can get a new 760 on ebay.... maybe you can sell the 782?

cheers

leonie85

i have just reactivated my 760s as it works without a battery it seems. it just will be plugged in all the time. really not great that a newer product is terrible. the speeds it says it should get, yet its slower than my 760s, plus cannot seem to stay in signal. i had enough of it dropping out every half hour, and then telling me to restart computer all the time as it wouldnt load anything! tried every channel on it too!

TheWanderer38

Hi

too easy...

cheers

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now