Highlighted
Fireblade1055
Level 1: Cadet

telstra 4gx advanced II SIM MEP blocked

Answered

i have a telstra aircard 790S which i bought online guy told me all works fine apart from the case it is SIM MEP blocked, i have looked around for solutions and cant seem to find anything apart from contacting telstra which appears only to be a overseas phone number now being a home owner in the uk i dont want to pay for an overseas call, apparently one solution is telstra send a software and a code to unlock them does anyone know about this? also does anyone know how i can run this on a uk sim card not on a telstra own sim, thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: telstra 4gx advanced II SIM MEP blocked

I do apologise for the frustrations associated, @Fireblade1055.

While I understand that the situation isn't ideal (and naturally while being overseas it can be a little tricky to have the device unlocked if you don't have the ability to visit a Telstra store) you would need to contact Telstra to have the device unlocked for use with another carrier's SIM card.

By following the steps mentioned below, I'm confident that we can make some headway with assisting in the unlocking of the device;

To unlock your Pre-Paid Mobile, or check your unlocking fee, follow the steps below:

1. Take note of your device's IMEI number. This can generally be found underneath the battery of most devices with a removable battery. In the event of the device being unable to do this, it will be displayed on the front screen of the device.
  2. Contact the Telstra Pre-Paid Unlocking Centre direct on 125 8880 and follow the prompts. If you're calling from a non-Telstra phone call 13 22 00 and say ‘Pre-Paid' then follow the prompts. If you're calling from overseas, call +61 439 125 888 (international call charges will apply).
  3. You can pay the unlocking fee using your main Pre-Paid credit balance (not your bonus credit), via credit card or in store.
  4. You'll be asked for your device's IMEI code and will then be advised of the unlocking fee and payment instructions.
  5. Once payment is completed you will be advised of unlocking instructions.

Once again, I do apologise for the inconveniences associated with the matter. If you do have a reference number from the chat conversation you had with the consultant via. LiveChat (What Reference Numbers can I obtain from Telstra?), Please let us know and we can follow this up for you.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 23: Superhero

Sounds as though it is carrier locked.

Unfortunately contacting Telstra is the only legit way to get the unlock code for the device, on +61 439 125 109, which will allow you to use it with another carrier.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Fireblade1055

have soken with a telstra employee over the online chat apparently i can just take it to a mobile phone store in the uk and get it unlocked

Level 23: Superhero

I'll be perfectly frank with you, I don't see how that is possible. How would a phone store in the UK have access to the Telstra database of IMEI/Unlock codes?
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Fireblade1055

i do not know but apparently that is what i have to do, i was first adviced to go into a local telstra store but we obviously dont have any of these in the uk so he told me to go too my nearest phone unlocking shop to get a code and have it unlocked to any sim card

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Fireblade1055

I can tell you that only our Prepaid Unlocking Team can request the unlock codes from the manufacturer, so I'm concerned by the advice to take the device to any store for an unlock code.

Do you have a reference number for the Chat Conversation you had so I can follow this advice up?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Fireblade1055

Hi I don't remember the name sorry was very late at night for me, I was first told to go in store to get it sorted but I live in the UK so there isn't one and this was why I was told to go to a unlocking shop

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

I do apologise for the frustrations associated, @Fireblade1055.

While I understand that the situation isn't ideal (and naturally while being overseas it can be a little tricky to have the device unlocked if you don't have the ability to visit a Telstra store) you would need to contact Telstra to have the device unlocked for use with another carrier's SIM card.

By following the steps mentioned below, I'm confident that we can make some headway with assisting in the unlocking of the device;

To unlock your Pre-Paid Mobile, or check your unlocking fee, follow the steps below:

1. Take note of your device's IMEI number. This can generally be found underneath the battery of most devices with a removable battery. In the event of the device being unable to do this, it will be displayed on the front screen of the device.
  2. Contact the Telstra Pre-Paid Unlocking Centre direct on 125 8880 and follow the prompts. If you're calling from a non-Telstra phone call 13 22 00 and say ‘Pre-Paid' then follow the prompts. If you're calling from overseas, call +61 439 125 888 (international call charges will apply).
  3. You can pay the unlocking fee using your main Pre-Paid credit balance (not your bonus credit), via credit card or in store.
  4. You'll be asked for your device's IMEI code and will then be advised of the unlocking fee and payment instructions.
  5. Once payment is completed you will be advised of unlocking instructions.

Once again, I do apologise for the inconveniences associated with the matter. If you do have a reference number from the chat conversation you had with the consultant via. LiveChat (What Reference Numbers can I obtain from Telstra?), Please let us know and we can follow this up for you.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now