CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Gawdor
Level 2: Rookie

telstra.corp APN Codes

Answered

After spending a demoralising 40 minutes on the phone being shipped around the various Telstra departments, my last hope is seeing if there are any Telstra employees on the forums capable of adding the telstra.corp APN codes (GPCORPB3) to my pre-paid iPad SIM card.

PM me if you can take care of this please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nelly82
Level 16: Secret Agent
Accepted Solution

Re: telstra.corp APN Codes

@Gawdor wrote:

After spending a demoralising 40 minutes on the phone being shipped around the various Telstra departments, my last hope is seeing if there are any Telstra employees on the forums capable of adding the telstra.corp APN codes (GPCORPB3) to my pre-paid iPad SIM card.

Your prepaid service, Is it in your personal name or the company that your work for?

If it is your personal name then this will be in the Consumer Billing System ( I know , you dont get a bill for prepaid but that is where it sits)  Businesses and companies are on a different billing system where this code is added.

You cannot add GPCORPB3 on the Consumer Billing account let alone a personal name.  It is an exclusive Corporate Code for Telstra's Corporate, Enterprise and Government customers and can only be added to accounts under the company's legal entity and if on either a Telstra Mobile Broadband (TMB) or Enterprise Mobile Broadband (EMB) Service) .

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Level 21: Augmented

from what I understand it is not possible, can only be applied to post paid business accounts (system limitation I think) and even then it's selective as to who can get access
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Gawdor

Hmm, thats a pretty crappy system limitation if it's true, in my opinion of course. 

@Gawdor wrote:

Hmm, thats a pretty crappy system limitation if it's true, in my opinion of course. 

it's a limited resource that they don't hand out willy nilly, do you have some sort of specific application where you need this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nelly82
Level 16: Secret Agent
Accepted Solution

@Gawdor wrote:

Your prepaid service, Is it in your personal name or the company that your work for?

If it is your personal name then this will be in the Consumer Billing System ( I know , you dont get a bill for prepaid but that is where it sits)  Businesses and companies are on a different billing system where this code is added.

You cannot add GPCORPB3 on the Consumer Billing account let alone a personal name.  It is an exclusive Corporate Code for Telstra's Corporate, Enterprise and Government customers and can only be added to accounts under the company's legal entity and if on either a Telstra Mobile Broadband (TMB) or Enterprise Mobile Broadband (EMB) Service) .

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!

View solution in original post

Gawdor

Of course, I want to access my corporate WAN without having to put my SIM card onto the business account, I have a specific application on the iPad which won't operate from the public network due to firewall restrictions which I have no intention of lifting.

Its not really a resource issue, there is no difference between my prepaid sim card, and another microsim on our account ... except Telstra isn't earning as much income from my prepaid sim, so it seems more a financial decision, than a technical one, which is again ... really a crappy limitation (in my opinion).

Gawdor

@nelly82 wrote:

I guess your response is the answer, I am not very happy about it of course, but if what you say is the case, then I will have to add a SIM to the account and write it off as a wasted expense.

Level 22: Superhuman

Gawdor wrote:

… then I will have to add a SIM to the account and write it off as a wasted expense.

With due respect, if a TMB or EMB service is what allows your to achieve your business/functional outcome – in which you and/or your company place value – then it most certainly isn't a wasted expense. On the other hand, if you then have no other use for your pre-paid iPad SIM, it becomes the thing that is a wasted expense.

The solution (using your pre-paid iPad SIM) you had in your mind simply isn't feasible within the constraints of your operating environment, and the responsibility was never Telstra's for conducting due diligence and validating your assumptions before any investment is made.

I understand you're not happy, and I'm not asking or expecting you to feel any differently about the situation, but I feel compelled to challenge your framing, at least for the interest of other readers of this open discussion forum.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

@Gawdor wrote:

Of course, I want to access my corporate WAN without having to put my SIM card onto the business account, I have a specific application on the iPad which won't operate from the public network due to firewall restrictions which I have no intention of lifting.

it may give you a public IP, it won't give you a static IP though so I'm not sure how that impacts your needs, maybe just use the VPN function on the iPad to connect to your network, assuming that's workable for what you need anyway, VPN works on prepaid no problem

octapc
Level 1: Cadet

I called Telstra and told the Philipino support person that I have pre-paid sim and am using it in a gps car tracking device.  She came back saying the APN is telstra.internet.  I'm Guessing she didn't understand any of it.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit