Highlighted
cshellyb
Level 1: Cadet

2 numbers - 1 account . From Crazy John's -> Telstra

Answered
Hi There, I'm currently on a contract with Crazy John's that goes for another 4-5 months, and I currently have 2 mobile numbers on the one account. I get a small discount for having both of them on the same account. At the moment I'm having issues with Crazy John's (Vodafone) mobile coverage and we'd really like to go to telstra at the end of the contract. I have an open ticket with them but I don't believe that they'll actually end up resolving my issue. Could anyone please tell me if Telstra provides some sort of benefit for having the two mobile numbers on the one account? I am not able to move any other service over to telstra at the moment unfortunately. We currently have our own handsets - we'd like to get new handsets but will stick with our current ones when we do eventually move over if it will be more cost effective. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: 2 numbers - 1 account . From Crazy John's -> Telstra

Could anyone please tell me if Telstra provides some sort of benefit for having the two mobile numbers on the one account?

Only if you have a T-Bundle (including, at a minimum, a HomeLine plan for a ‘land line’ basic telephone service from Telstra and one form of ‘fixed’ – ie. Cable, Velocity, or ADSL – broadband service from BigPond) on a 24-month contract with Telstra, and you put your mobile services on the same billing account in a ‘Single Bill’ arrangement.

Calls between a mobile service and the ‘land line’, and between the mobile services themselves, on that billing account are free in that scenario.

Other than that, having both mobile services on the same account may make it administratively easier and/or more convenient for yourself, such as when using Telstra Online Billing, but that's about it.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

Could anyone please tell me if Telstra provides some sort of benefit for having the two mobile numbers on the one account?

Only if you have a T-Bundle (including, at a minimum, a HomeLine plan for a ‘land line’ basic telephone service from Telstra and one form of ‘fixed’ – ie. Cable, Velocity, or ADSL – broadband service from BigPond) on a 24-month contract with Telstra, and you put your mobile services on the same billing account in a ‘Single Bill’ arrangement.

Calls between a mobile service and the ‘land line’, and between the mobile services themselves, on that billing account are free in that scenario.

Other than that, having both mobile services on the same account may make it administratively easier and/or more convenient for yourself, such as when using Telstra Online Billing, but that's about it.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
cshellyb
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Drat, not the answer I was exactly hoping for, but thank you for your response Smiley Happy
Unit01
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

My partner a I are in the same senario

Hi Drat,

My partner a I are in the same senario she and I have numbers with Crazy John's on the same bill but we don't even get the discount anymore cause the contract's past 12 months Smiley Tongue There's also weird stuff like when I waited for her at the airport I rang my mum and then missed my partner's call to pick her up as there was no indication a call was coming though and at the end of my mums call my phone said something weird like 'call not allowed' when the call terminated.

Anyway she works on Christmas Island fifo and there's only Telstra Mobile there so she has a Telstra prepaid sim too.

We have had the Ultimate home bundle like unlimited calls  200GB etc for the past 20 so months. Could I get her sim on the home bundle plan so she could at least call home for free or would we have to sign up  for another 24 months on home and or a mobile cause that would probably be unfortunate.

John

Re: My partner a I are in the same senario

Unit01 wrote:

Anyway she works on Christmas Island fifo and there's only Telstra Mobile there so she has a Telstra prepaid sim too.

We have had the Ultimate home bundle like unlimited calls  200GB etc for the past 20 so months. Could I get her sim on the home bundle plan so she could at least call home for free or would we have to sign up  for another 24 months on home and or a mobile cause that would probably be unfortunate.

From Section 4 of Part D – Special Offers in the Home Bundles section of Our Customer Terms,

4 Family Calls Benefit
4.1 From 28 February 2012, if you:
(a) have a 13 digit account number; and
(b) take up a Bundle or move to a Bundle that is available to new customers;
your Bundle includes voice calls in Australia between up to four Telstra post-paid mobile services on your Single Bill, and between those mobiles and the HomeLine service in your Bundle.

So, you have two hurdles to overcome:

1. At this point, the only Bundles that qualify for the Family Calls Benefit are the recently introduced T-Bundles (as opposed to a Home Ultimate Bundle 200GB). If you're still within the 24-month minimum contract term for your Home Ultimate Bundle, I'm quite confident that by virtue of clause 4.35 in Part B – Current Bundles in the Home Bundles section of Our Customer Terms, you can switch to a T-Bundle without renewing the contract term; however, you should consider all other impacts (such as Bundle inclusions and monthly price) carefully before doing so.
  2. Pre-paid services do not qualify, and if your partner ports her number across from a pre-paid service to a post-paid service, she'll need to enter into at least a 12-month contract term.
——

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now