CrowdSupport®
wolfman789
Level 2: Rookie

$40 8GB BYO Plan

I am able to see a "special offer" on Telstra website that offers 8GB/month for $40. ($50 Go Mobile Plus BYO Plan with $10 off a month).

I tried to get my mobiles on to this plan but telstra call centyre don't know anything about it. I am looking at Telstra Website and it is there????? Why can't they see it?

I am using Chrome and it is visible. When using IE it is not.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

$40 8GB BYO Plan

I have just tried to find that offer myself and i can only see 8gb/mnth for $50 buy online now BONUS 3GB - BUY ONLINE NOW im not seeing im just wondering if you browser might be loading an old web page?Or maybe it was a limited time offer
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: $40 8GB BYO Plan

Hi Wolfman769

The 8GB BYO plan is reflected as being $50 per month, http://bit.ly/2nNLYlw

As Bunty1 has suggested, is it possible the page you are viewing is an old one in your browser? 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

wolfman789

Hello

is not an old offer. The offer says it ends 30th April 2017. I have taken screen shots which I can send you. 

As as I mentioned, I could see in chrome but not through IE

There is the Mx offer with $10 off for online only but that does not come with the extra 3gb https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/plans-and-rates/mx-plan Are you able to send me the screen shots on a pm ?And i will take a look or post the  the link to the page you are seeing it on?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi wolfman789,

I'm not able to see a $40 (8GB) BYO plan you're referring to. The closest is $50 per month as Lindy said. Our call centres or Live Chat team wouldn't know much about it if it's an online exclusive offer. If you continue with the order, does it still show the plan for $40? 

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

wolfman789

Happy to send the screen shot. IMG_1112.JPG

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi wolfman789,

It may be an exclusive offer. If you select "Buy Now", at the confirmation screen, it will outline details of the plan before you place your order.

- Tim 

wolfman789

Not near my pic with chrome at the moment. Will try when I can

wolfman789

Should have said PC not pic

Yes it does say for you so I would say it's an online offer just for you as they do send out sometimes and I have found normally you need to click the buy now tab and the Telstra staff on chat and the phone are not aware or cannot help you with them at all
wolfman789

Hello

Just went in and tried to buy this service. Apparently it is just available if I add an additional SIM to my plan.

Would have been nice to no that on the front screen. Could have saved time and angst.

Thanks for everyone's help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit