Highlighted
TravD
Level 2: Rookie

Accessing Voice Mail from Overseas

Answered
Have recently moved overseas but have kept my Telstra number in Australia for when I come back on the odd occasion, and want to access voice mail from New Zealand. I rang Telstra Support the other day and was given a number to ring (125 120). Now im in NZ and have tried the number, it goes to a Telecom NZ number, which is of little use when trying to access Telstra voice mail in Aussie.<br><br>Does any one know of a number that I can use to remote access my voice mail from a different number here in NZ? I also didnt get the opportunity to change my mail message....will I just have to bite the bullet, put in my sim card and hit dial and get some international charges?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: Accessing Voice Mail from Overseas

Have you tried dialling your mobile number and pressing # when you get your greeting?  This should prompt you to enter your PIN number to access your messages. 

More information can be found here: Access your mobile MessageBank from another phone line

Hope this helps  Smiley Happy  

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
24 REPLIES 24
Accepted Solution

Have you tried dialling your mobile number and pressing # when you get your greeting?  This should prompt you to enter your PIN number to access your messages. 

More information can be found here: Access your mobile MessageBank from another phone line

Hope this helps  Smiley Happy  

TravD
Level 2: Rookie

Nice!
Balintore
Level 1: Cadet

Wheln my voicemail starts and I push hash, it doesn't do anything.  My message continues then after that it tells me that it cannot record the  message that is the #.  Do you have anything else I can try?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Balintore,

You can try calling +61 418 707 102 and entering your mobile number as long as you have a pin set up you will be able to access your messagebank

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

ozstar

Hi,

I have a Telsra mob account and a Boost mob account.

I will be in USA for a trip and want to access my message banks.

I will not have my Australian mob connected there.

I will be calling on another mobile or a landline there.

What is the way for me to do this please.

Thanks

oz
Support Team
Support Team

Hi ozstar,

Have you tried the instructions above in Deannas post? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

tezzarooni

Hi , Im in france, I call #101# I get not registered, (no charge applies)

Help its urgent !!

Support Team
Support Team

Hey tezzarooni,

Have you tried the suggestions further up in this thread?

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

ISPW

I would like to use a landline number, not a mobile number for accessing my voicemail from off shore.  What is the number landline number?

Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi IPSW,

Can you go into a bit more detail? Do you mean you just want to access the voicemail on your home landline from overseas?

MrScoot

What happens if there is no PIN set up already, or if I have forgotten it? There are no prompts in the system for selfhelp. My voicemail has always worked overseas, but today it's decided it needs a PIN. I have tried 101, #101# and calling myself and pressing # but nothing works. Telstra 24x7 has offered no replies yet, but its only been about 8 hours since I first emailed them.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi MrScoot

We have recently implemented a change that means anyone using the service overseas requires a PIN to ensure the service is secure. 

To change your PIN or to just listed to your messages, you can send a message to the number +61101 with the letter M in the message, and we'll call you to deliver the message. 

From there, after listening to your messages, you can select option 3 from the Main Menu to change your pin. 

MrScoot

That is not working either. The message refuses to send. I've got credit and reception, so I'm unsure what the problem is. I'm in Thailand if that helps with a solution.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

You'd need to have a chat with our International Roaming team for further assistance with this if that isn't working for you- they're available on +61 439 125 109 which is a free call from Telstra SIM cards whilst overseas.

MrScoot

Thanks Steph. the office is closed but I'll try again in the morning. I'm quite certain this will lead to a solution.
MrScoot

The call was not free. My credit us now used up and the problem still exists.
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies MrScoot, Steph may not have realised that your service was a pre-paid one. If you have a chat with us here: http://tel.st/49kl our online staff will be able to assist in setting up/confirming your pin for you.

Cheers, Tim  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

I've just spend 2 hours trying to get this sorted so I can access my VM from OS.

Currently there is NO WAY you can access your VM's from overseas, if you are using a Telstra Prepaid service.
You can SMS, MMS, make and receive calls, but you cannot access VM.

paul0071

I am unable to send a text message, it says message can't be delerivered, the network i am roaming on does not seem to allow text messages???

Is there an ELECTRONIC/INTERNET Based, as anyone with half a brain would use, given the internet is global, where I can log in, securly, and check my voice mails???

The world has moved on, surly you have this??? I had this some years ago when working overseas, for my company voice mail.

paul0071

not if you can't send text messsages, and  hash 101 hash  is not reckonised by the overseas provider

Support Team
Support Team

Hey paul0071,

Just checking if you have setup the 6 digit PIN number for this service as yet as per the information at:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/International-Roaming/Changes-to-accessing-Messagebank-while-O...

If you are able to call then the International Roaming Team can be reached on +61439125109 (24/7) and is a free call from a Telstra service that has the International Roaming service activated. They will be able to have this PIN reset for you so you have access to this service.

ChrisRoaming

Hi DingoDan,

I've just tried to call the above number, using my Telstra Prepaid SIM from Java to set up my PIN and its chewed through $20 if credit.

On the line it also says its a free call from anywhere in the world, but clearly it is not. You might want to look at that, and would be great if I could be reimbursed.

I was still listening to the spiel when it cut out and didn't get to do anything
Support Team
Support Team

Hi ChrisRoaming, 

That is concerning, as this number is called quite often with no issues. Come through to our Pre-Paid team via Live Chat here: http://tel.st/nxzt and we can assist with reimbursing that credit. 

KenL2109

Hi I have tried using the +61 101 with the letter M in the message (as advised by the Telstra support person. Unfortunatly this was not successful and my messages were not able to be sent.

KenL 2109Smiley Sad

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now