Kiki45
Level 1: Cadet

Account information compromised

I got a text from Telstra to say that my data had been changed and only used for 1 device. I had switched over to Telstra 2 months ago as my husband is with Telstra and we shared data and bundle home and mobiles. I contacted Telstra and they advised that there were changes made to the account and another person had been added as full authority. I advised that this is not possible as only my husband and I are the authorised people on the account. After asking more information they advised the name of the person and that they had been in store at a Telstra shop in West Lakes, Adelaide South Australia, and had changed plan details and added 2x iPhone X and an iPad to our account. They showed photo ID but no copy was taken at the store. They left with the goods. Did I mention we live in Western Australia. Why on earth would we authorise someone in another state? Wouldn’t alarm bells ring for the Telstra staff member? Was protocol not followed? How easy is it to added another person? We were not contacted to confirm this addition. Telstra just said they sent my husband and email to notify (after the fact) and we had not Confirmed this? Have lodged a police report and has been sent to Telstra Fraud department. We are furious and exteremely dissapointed our account has been compromised and personal information exposed... has anyone else had this happened?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Want a Big Gigaboost?

Get a Massive 10GB Bonus on Select Lease Plans.

Find out more