Highlighted
neilphillips
Level 1: Cadet

Add a phone number

Hi,

I've got an existing post paid mobile contract (I'm actually out of contract), and I have a new job.

My employer would like to port my number onto the company plan. Is it possible for me to also keep my existing plan and just put a new number on that?

Cheers, Neil

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
nelly82
Level 16: Secret Agent

Re: Add a phone number

Instead of moving your number over onto the company account,  Why dont you just request a new number on the company account for work purposes and keep your personal number just the way it is?

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Add a phone number

neilphillips wrote:

Is it possible for me to also keep my existing plan and just put a new number on that?

Possible, yes; available as a service offered to you as a customer on request, no. There is a significant amount of manual intervention required to achieve that outcome, and it is time-consuming and error-prone; additionally, it isn't (or shouldn't be) free of charge, and will cost you more than $33.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now