CrowdSupport®
tly
Level 1: Cadet

Am I the only one that hates dealing with Telstra customer service?

I just want to know I am not alone. I need the crowd to give me moral support as I waste more time, energy and even tears dealing with Telstra over the years.

I hate that everytime there is an issue, you can't talk to the same person! Each time you click on that call back link they send you (you are lucky if you even that that link!) someone else calls you back. Then I have to repeat myself over and over again!!! And I am sorry but the Indian call center people need to improve their English language skills. I had to repeat myself multiple times before the guy understood my issue!!!

Our cable internet stopped working on Sunday so I scheduled a technician. I cancelled the one on Tuesday because it suddenly started working. By evening it stopped working again so I rescheduled for the next day which is Wednesday. The tech guy did not show up!!!!!!! Called Telstra to complain and asked for interim data on my mobile so we can use hotspot. And guess what????? I have a 30GB plan, had it for years. THEY CHANGED MY 30GB PLAN TO A 10GB PLAN!!!!!!! Instead of giving me 10gb interim data, the severely incompetent "manager" changed my plan!!!! What idiocy is that???? Anyways rescheduled tech guy showed on Friday and said issue is on their end it should be fixed by Tuesday. It is not the weekend with all kids at home finally wanting to get online. They were able to give 10GB interim data to my sons mobile with the flick of a switch. I got it in less than 5 minutes when I was on their online chat last night. BUT it took me close to an hour of chatting before she agreed to do it!!! SO now I am in limbo with my own phone with less than 4GB to go. TELSTRA SUCKS!!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Am I the only one that hates dealing with Telstra customer service?

I share your pain. If you can't navigate through this, you can lodge a complaint.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

For the issue with your own phone plan, you should lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

@tly, if you've had your 30GB mobile phone plan for year's, you probably had Data Sharing with that plan.

If you did, the 10GB plan won't have the Data Sharing because Telstra removed this feature a while back.

When you put in a complaint mention this also if you did previously have it.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now