fabo1
Level 1: Cadet

Apple watch 3

Answered

Is Telstra going to be selling plans with LTE on the new Apple Watch 3 with our mobile plans for the iPhone 8?

If so does this mean that Telstra may offer plans including phone and watch as a package?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Apple watch 3

We are yet to have any confirmation from Apple about what the product will be, what it will cost, when it will be released or if it will work globally (chances are that it will follow normal apple process and will be, but depends on if it is a normal SIM or something like Apple SIM) -- until apple announce the product and those details the carriers aren't really able to work out what offers they will be able to provide - let alone actually go about working out pricing and details.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

JJH777
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Changed from Buisness Plan to Consumer Plan activated one number for Watch. Works fine have used it many times without my phone.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
105 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

We are yet to have any confirmation from Apple about what the product will be, what it will cost, when it will be released or if it will work globally (chances are that it will follow normal apple process and will be, but depends on if it is a normal SIM or something like Apple SIM) -- until apple announce the product and those details the carriers aren't really able to work out what offers they will be able to provide - let alone actually go about working out pricing and details.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

HKon
Level 4: Private Eye

Apple watch Series 3 / Telstra One Number

Telstra's announcement of their One Number service to coincide with the Apple Watch Series 3 release is great 

What isn't great is that small business and enterprise customers will not have access to this product when the Apple watch is made available for sale next week. 

The media reports say this service from Telstra to allow the same mobile number to work on your cellular Apple watch 3 will only work on consumer post paid plans. 

Considering small business and enterprise would most likely be large parts of your income Telstra i think this is ridiculous.

When will small business and enterprise customers be able to use there One Number service and take advantage of the technology that Apple and i expect other suppliers will now release????

JJH777

Re: Apple watch Series 3 / Telstra One Number

Yes I would also like to know this

88Pro

Looks like they have no plans to support this in near future. 

Essentially what Telstra is saying is Business customers can't own an cellular apple watch . 

If you use a company phone, you are going to struggle. 

The problem might be, they can;'t charge extra on the business plan to support apple watch. Because business would turn around and say, why am I paying something to Telstra  because my employee went and bought a new gadget..

So they can't charge business, and until they figure this out how to charge the business, or change directly to the employee, they might not provide this to Telstra business customers. 

It doesn't appear to be back end technical issue but a pricing issue for Telstra business. 

orezero

The important question is: How much extra does it cost to add the watch to the plan?

Brettepi
Level 2: Rookie

can we get an update on the plans for the sim for the new watches? what is taking so long?

Brettepi

what about pre paid customers? are we not good enough? can telstra really afford to be losing more customers now? 

Prepaid and business are more complicated but the statement provided to NewCorp by Telstra was: "It'll initially be available to post-paid consumer customers, though Telstra says it'll roll out to small business, enterprise and prepaid users in the future too".

There will be no confirmation on pricing or details until it is officially announced by Telstra on their website, prepaid will mean new setup all together so because of that complication it wouldn't be a surprise if it is delayed.
Helpful Links

smetlitzky

As a business customer who has already ordered an Apple Watch 3, Telstra need to find a way to support Watch 3 on business plans at launch or they will lose customers. Business people (and often account decision makers) are likely to make up a reasonable number of Watch 3 purchases and will not handle th frustration or a Watch they can't use for very long.

By the looks of it, if you are a business customer, there isn't a single network that supports the Apple Watch 3 at launch.

For Optus it is available for Post-Paid Plans and Vodafone doesn't support eSIM yet.

So it will be a wait for Business and Prepaid customers no matter which network you are on.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Brettepi

It's a disgrace isn't it

Given that I don't even wear a regular watch, it doesn't realy bother me.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@HKon @88Pro @smetlitzky

Telstra One Number requires new technology with multiple supporting structures both on the network and also our account systems. Expanding support to business and enterprise customers is in development. At this stage I am unable to provide a timeframe so I recommend you keep an eye out for further announcements.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

HKon

thanks @DanK

not really that helpful, but thanks for letting us know its in the works.
Jason-a

I think a rough time frame is the least u can do

Hikurangi_f

$5 per month with the first 3 months free.

Still no preorders, but the telstra site says “coming soon”
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Hikurangi_f, 

You can register your interest for the Apple watch via the link below and we will email you as soon as plan details have been released:

https://www.telstra.com.au/eoi/keep-informed/

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Cstep

Rather BAD - very poor that Apple Watch 3 is not available for business customers to connect. - with Telstra

can any one tell me when this is going to be made available ?/Smiley Sad

It isn't available with business customer through any of the network owners yet. As Dan has said above, it is being worked on now but there is no ETA.

Providing an "rough timeframe" as suggested previously is typically not possible and doing so is likely just to cause more upset if the rough estimate isn't exact.
Helpful Links

Boffin_2017

Having received my Apple watch late yesterday, I was incredibly annoyed today to find out that the Telstra business plan customers cannot have this service. Especially since on September 12 I rang Telstra before ordering through Apple, and was advised from the service centre that it would be like an iPad, an additional $5 per device per month. Obviously they changed their mind since then. I rang Apple today and they are going to allow me to return the watch, as we have no use for it without the connectivity. Unfortunately Telstra was less helpful and would not supply me with the agent who provided me with the wrong information. In a typical Telstra phone call it took over an hour of my time, I was dropped 3 times, and then gave up. The information they provided me with was this situation would not be changing in the near future. 

Jason-a

Very poor form Telstra. You guys don’t care about your business customers. You guys should be working extremely hard to bring one number to your business customers as a matter of urgenegy.
CodyMedia

This is really poor form from Telstra not supporting business customers - who are usually the biggest sending customers with Telstra.

Apple advertised Telstra would be a launch partner and Apple started pre-orders before Telstra even had any information available. As a business customer that spent a lot of money with Telstra I annoyed this information was not provided before pre-orders opened.  I now have 2 watches that I have no use for and will return.

This is a really big oversight Telstra and you will have many very upset Apple Watch owners!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi CodyMedia

Telstra One Number requires new technology with multiple supporting structures both on the network and also our account systems. Expanding support to business and enterprise customers is in development. At this stage I am unable to provide a timeframe so I recommend you keep an eye out for further announcement. 

This appears to be an issue that is impacting on all Service Providers unfortunately. 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

posthex

Telstra online chat just told me Apple 4G watch support will be available for business customers on 31/12/17 if your business account number is 14 digits long..... 

That would just be a target date at this stage. Don't take it for gospel until it is announced via mainstream channels.

Russell22

Telstra really don't care about their business customers.

Our business spends over $20,000 a year on our Telstra mobile bills and our staff getting apple watches cant access the Telstra One number service !

So easy right .. called up to move an effected mobile number over to personal billing ... no can do as Telstra informed that we would be charged termination fees even though were not wanting to terminate the service.

So just so I have this right ... We spend over $20,000 a year, we are wanting to continue with Telstra, we simply want to  just move 1 mobile over to personal billing in order to access a service business billing doesn't provide and rather than helping out and making an effort to move 1 mobile and waive the automatically generated termination fees, Telstra reply that sorry but to move you mobile we will hit you with early termination fees

Really ?

Way to go with customer service Telstra 

Does not seem you want our business 

Jason-a

If support for business customers is currently in development, surely there would be a target date for completion. Why can’t Telstra just come clean and give us some idea. As a business owner, I can’t tell my customers that I’m not sure when a particular product or service that they should be getting will become available?

@Jason-a you can definitely say that (and should), if you don't know when it will become available.

It is preferable to say "I don't know when it will be available" rather than giving a date and then missing it. Changing anything in a system that is linked to multiple systems is risky, and proper testing must take place in a sandpit before it is pushed to production. They will have a target date for implementation, but until the testing of their systems takes place and passes certain milestones, then there is no point making that date public as it could just lead to further confusion and disappointment.

No Australian carrier has said when they will have eSIM technology rolled out for business or prepaid customers for exactly this reason.

Jason-a

So how come the the residential model was setup and online prior to the launch of the Apple Watch? Obviously there was a target date there and it was reached. Like I said before, the residential customer is more of a priority for Telstra as they generate more revenue.
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jason-a

Telstra One Number uses new technology that needs to be supported on both our network and our billing systems

We can't provide a timeframe for when it will be available to you but keep an eye out for further announcements

I'd recommend completing http://tel.st/stayinformed with your best contact details so we can keep you aware of any upcoming technology released through Telstra

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Lame-Support

Me - buys an apple watch 3

Me - goes to activate the new watch on my telstra business account, hahaha WTF & contacts telstra

Telstra - it is not supported on business plans

Me - very annoyed but not surprised by telstra lack of care towards their customers. Has been in steady decline since moving everything offshore.

Jason-a

Telstra don’t even seem to care.

Business customers are typically on a different system which has different limitations and requires different development processes to be able to support the service.
Helpful Links

MattJL

"Our business spends over $20,000 a year with Telstra. Was told there's a workaround if we switch to personal billing. Telstra informed that we would be charged termination fees even though were not wanting to terminate the service."

Wow, this pretty much sums up the Telstra customer experience. What a joke.

Looks like we'll be having a chat to Optus to start the migration of our $150,000/month Telstra account across.

I'll also be trading in my Telstra shares before they go under.

Optus have the same limitations on the Apple Watch 3. No business customer access there either.
PB48

Telstra does not provide an effective cellular connection for residential users either ... there is currently no way to use the Apple Watch 3 withTelstra on a cellular basis, while it is not connected to a phone by Bluetooth ... that is the same as the Apple Watch 2. Telstra’s advertising and website is misleading and deceptive ... disgusting for a corporation of its’ size! 

JJH777
Accepted Solution

Changed from Buisness Plan to Consumer Plan activated one number for Watch. Works fine have used it many times without my phone.

Trekie

Apple watch 3 Cellular for Business Customers - when will Telstra make this available ?

Have purchased Apple Watch Series 3 Cellular for my Business. But have been told it is not available currently for Business customers, why ? I would have anticipated Telstra to have this available for there Business clients, as is the case for there consumer Customers. Please Telstra make this service available for your Business Clients !!

Re: Apple watch 3 Cellular for Business Customers - when will Telstra make this available ?

Hey @Trekie,

I have merged your post into one that already exists relating to this issue as it will provide you with more details regarding this issue. You will see from the posts from the staff it is already something in the works but with no ETA at this stage.
Helpful Links

@PB48, I have seen it being used on cellular without the phone being turned on or even in the same area... so sounds like either there is an issue with your service or your configuration because it does work.
Helpful Links

Trekie

Thankyou for your assistance, and hope Telstra Business can fix this Apple Watch cellular issue for there loyal clients.

This service is only currently available to consumer clients, not Business clients of Telstra. Have checked this out.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Trekie, 

It's limited to Residential and Small Business accounts with 13 digit account numbers sorry. 

mgilesy

I am really frustrated with this. Invalidates the whole reason I upgraded to the latest watch!

None of the advertising material pointed out anything other than it would work if your were a Telstra client. I run 6 company phones and I dont get access to this service as a business client. Have to be a regular personal client.

When please Telstra. Please keeps posted. Mike
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello mgilesy, 

Unfortunately we do not have any information as to when this service will be available to our business customers. 

However, you can be kept up to date via our keep informed webform on  http://tel.st/stayinformed

- Simone

What_Business

Simone 

Can you confirm that Telstra is at least working on a solution for business customers

Your link is just general information on apple 

If working on a solution is this a short term or long term solution.  Some clarity and transparency in the post would really help reduce the frustration level of apple customers that are thinking of purchasing an apple watch 3

Apple support if you are listening , this post is impacting your sales due to the uncertainty provided , so I would hope 

a joint support  release would help the Small Business community  in Australia 

A quote from earlier in the thread from Lindy has already confirmed it is in progress, just no ETA at this stage. They have confirmed in a couple of the posts from staff that it is a work in progress.

“Telstra One Number requires new technology with multiple supporting structures both on the network and also our account systems. Expanding support to business and enterprise customers is in development. At this stage I am unable to provide a timeframe so I recommend you keep an eye out for further announcement.”
Helpful Links

philbek

Have to say this situation is most dissappointing as there was no indication at the timeof purchase that Telstra would not support the new Iwatch for business customers.

No doubt the Business customers are getting a raw deal.  Example - When you are overseas, in a very different time Zone and you ring for support you are told tor ring back during Australian business hours.

And to "rub salt into the wound" if you want to change to a personal account you will be charged a termination fee!!

Not surprisingly if, and when I get the option would seriously consider dumping Telstra if I get a better offer.  Why be loyal to Telstra when they do not return the favour.

scrytch

Well I’m now 3 weeks and still waiting for support to action what’s wrong with my account.

I’m a residential customer and always have been.

- Mobile Protect isn’t enabled

- VoLTE is enabled

- Number is connected to Telstra ID

- Confirmed residential account

- Tried Apple Watch factory reset, tried setup with a different factory reset phone.

- Apple states it is a carrier account error.

I have an SR and Escalation number - still nothing. Watch App originally stated my account needed an update and to contact telstra. After Telstra fiddling with my account, now it states “You Telstra account is not eligible to enable data on your Apple Watch. Contact Telstra at 13-22-00 for more information”.

Super frustrated as nothing seems to be happening.

Shane.

Dgdean

Also very frustrated by this. These companies and especially should all be more organised.

There should be at minimum a target date advertised for when this will be available. They’ll happily enable for consumers at launch, but us lowly enterprise customers get no support.. appalling...

Want a Big Gigaboost?

Get a Massive 10GB Bonus on Select Lease Plans.

Find out more