remark
Level 4: Private Eye

Call Forwarding Codes - Mobile Network

Answered

I found a post in here last night that had a nice, neat, easy to read little table of all the call forwarding codes.  Trouble is I’ve been searching for it for the last hour and, as always, I can’t find it again.  Can anybody help me out with the post? Alternatively, another official up-to-date list of all the codes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dave10
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: Call Forwarding Codes - Mobile Network

I spent many hours searching for this last night. This thread was the #1 result in Google searches for "Telstra Call Forward codes", and many of the pages on the Telstra site which deal with call forwarding didn't show up on Google until the 6th or 7th page. So I thought it would be best to post the actual forward codes in this thread to help anyone else in the future.

To summarize:

Turn on Call Forward: **code*(phone number to forward calls to, including area code)*10#
Turn off call Forward: ##code**10#
Check if forwarding is on: *#code#

Where: "code" is:
21 for "All calls"
61 for "No answer"
62 for "Unreachable", ie "out of coverage"
67 for "Busy"

Specifically for "no answer", you can set the duration your phone rings before it diverts using the the following:
**61*(phone number to forward calls to, including area code)**(number of seconds)#

This was compiled from the following Telstra pages (though I will point out that none of the pages mention the "unreachable" diversion - this oversight should be corrected):

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/turn-call-forward-on
https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/turn-call-forward-off-on-your-mobile
https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/check-if-call-forward-is-turned-on-or-off-on-your-mobile

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/change-ring-time-before-calls-divert-to-messagebank-on-yo...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

remark

Thanks for that.  I found those ones.  There were a couple of other ones.  “Unreachable” and something else and something else.

Maybe I’ve been looking too hard.

I don’t know why Apple couldn’t have included them in iOS.

Level 22: Superhuman

remark wrote:
There were a couple of other ones.  “Unreachable” and something else and something else.

Do you mean these? https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/using-call-forward-on-your-mobile-phone

I don’t know why Apple couldn’t have included them in iOS.

Literally “couldn't have included”, or simply “chose not to include”? I'm not trying to be contrary here, but:

1. I don't see that granularity of call forwarding control offered, in user-selectable settings ‘out of the box’, in Windows Phone 7.5 or Android 2.3 either; and

2. I'm obviously not alone in thinking that, if it is commonly considered a functionality gap, then there is room for someone to develop an app for it – and maybe make a few dollars off other iPhone users who want it – completely in line with Apple's apparent philosophy with regard to the iOS ecosystem.

† WARNING: Target site may serve up ad popups, entirely outside of Telstra's or my control.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Ben_F

iOS won't allow an App to do it as it requires Baseband access (AFAIK).

Your always welcome to submit feedback at http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html and I've done so at https://bugreport.apple.com

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Level 22: Superhuman

Ben_F wrote:
Does that mean an app on the iPhone cannot dial a number?
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Ben_F

@Drat wrote:

@Ben_F wrote:
Does that mean an app on the iPhone cannot dial a number?

Good point. I'm guessing there are some apps which will redirect you to the phone, however I'm not sure how they do it.

I can't seem to find an API for making phone calls when I look on the Developer website, so I'm assuming any API would have to be undocumented (or call it as a tel: link).

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

remark

Yeh, I probably should rephrase it to say “Apple just didn’t bother.”

My old not-so-smartphone let you do the lot, all five of them I think there was.  Set all the diverts, Turn them all off, Check the status of all of them, and set time before they diverted.  Now we have to stuff around with codes.

Dave10
Accepted Solution

I spent many hours searching for this last night. This thread was the #1 result in Google searches for "Telstra Call Forward codes", and many of the pages on the Telstra site which deal with call forwarding didn't show up on Google until the 6th or 7th page. So I thought it would be best to post the actual forward codes in this thread to help anyone else in the future.

To summarize:

Turn on Call Forward: **code*(phone number to forward calls to, including area code)*10#
Turn off call Forward: ##code**10#
Check if forwarding is on: *#code#

Where: "code" is:
21 for "All calls"
61 for "No answer"
62 for "Unreachable", ie "out of coverage"
67 for "Busy"

Specifically for "no answer", you can set the duration your phone rings before it diverts using the the following:
**61*(phone number to forward calls to, including area code)**(number of seconds)#

This was compiled from the following Telstra pages (though I will point out that none of the pages mention the "unreachable" diversion - this oversight should be corrected):

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/turn-call-forward-on
https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/turn-call-forward-off-on-your-mobile
https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/check-if-call-forward-is-turned-on-or-off-on-your-mobile

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/change-ring-time-before-calls-divert-to-messagebank-on-yo...

digidad
Level 1: Cadet

on my Note 4 there is no quick access to call forwarding.  It requires approx 9 keystrokes thru menus.  Quick trick which may be obvious to others but it wasn't to me was to use the speeddial facility using the Telstra codes for forwarding on and off to my most frequently used divert target phone number.  Now i just use speeddial 2 to turn on and speeddial 3 to turn off.  hope this helps some. Smiley Very Happy

Mick-The-Tradie

This was way more helpful than the actual call centre. My phone now has no behavioural disorders. Thanks for the post Dave10!
ManFromOz
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re the "Solved" reply: These days all of those links lead to the same unhelpful Telstra page.

Searching Telstra site for "divert" doesn't give me any hits for mobiles, just "home phones".

What is the final "*10" (before the ending #) used for? Is it number of seconds per chance? Is this needed even for "unconditional" or immediate "all calls" divert?

Dave10

• What is the final "*10" (before the ending #) used for? Is it number of seconds per chance? Is this needed even for "unconditional" or immediate "all calls" divert?

No, it's not seconds. You'll note on the **61 diversion ("no answer") that to set the number of seconds there is 2 stars before the number of seconds, not one star as in every other case.

The "10" defines that you're diverting VOICE calls. These codes are standard Ericsson networking codes used by telco's all over the world. Different numbers at the end of the code define different call types. If you used "13" this would divert FAX and Modem data calls.

I don't have a comprehensive list of the call type numbers, and not every number is implimented in every network. For example, the FAX diversion is supposed to work on Telstra, however there's another number (I don't know what it is) that is for text message call types - this would be so handy to divert text messages to another number on some occasions!

I believe Telstra's network has the default set to voice calls for the divert codes, so you should be able to omit the final *10 and just put a # directly after the phone number entered, and likewise, to switch off diversions you could just enter ##code*#.

Hope this helps!

ManFromOz
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Many thanks, Dave10. Very helpful.

Also, from your comments I'm assuming that on an iPhone if one turns on the simple "Call forwarding" setting (which allows only the "to" number as a parameter), it is effectively sending a "**21*(phone)#" or "**21*(phone)*10#" over the network. In which case one would only need to know and use the code commands for diversions other than Call Forward Immediate (All Calls).

Now if landlines and mobiles could achieve the same functions by using the same codes, life could be much simpler. Smiley Mad

Condaminedevel

Excellent answer!!
Thanks! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Outbacksurvey

Apple would not include them in ios because ios is an Operating System. Every Telco around the world has different codes which would make this a monumental task.
Telstra should provide them in their 25/7 App. But as it stands 24/7 has many built in flaws. Try using it & you will soon discover its shortfalls.
mmebadams

How do you enter for a mobile. I found +44 instead of 0, and tried this, but does not work.

Want a Big Gigaboost?

Get a Massive 10GB Bonus on Select Lease Plans.

Find out more