CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
sandstone
Level 2: Rookie

Calls from 08 6228 4009 are annoying

Answered

Couldn't find a message board that was appropriate for this so I'm posting here. 

I can't understand why Telstra allows spam phone marketers to continue to use their services. I've received repeated calls from 08 6228 4009 repeatedly over the last week. Is there anywhere I can lodge a complaint against a phone number?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Calls from 08 6228 4009 are annoying

Or go here and ask them to stop contacting you (you need to provide the number they are ringing to contact you)

http://www.tsagroup.com.au/contact/

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

The 08 6228 4009 number is one used by Telco Services Australia, who is a partner company that makes some outbound sales calls on behalf of Telstra. If you speak with our teams on 13 22 00 or via the online chat service at https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Facebook:Consumer our consultants can arrange to stop any future marketing calls like this to your numbers. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
25 REPLIES 25
paul1
Level 3: Gumshoe

if you know the times  and how long each call was you can ring and complain as i did once    then   they can or maybe do something about it

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Sandstone,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

Sandstone, yes paul1 is right, take note of times and how long each calls were and you can certainly complain about this through our Unwelcome Calls Team.

Additionally, if you've not already done so, please make sure that you register your numbers through the Do Not Call Register as well. Thanks sandstone.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

xreality

How about a better answer that the number making the calls 08 6228 4009 is a robot from a telstra subsidiary company or third party marketing company that is making a sales call......but everyone may have my experience, as soon as I answer the call it hangs up.

It just keeps ringing, daily or every couple of days.

"We are fixing the problem" was the answer, not the correct answer, you are causing the problem.

The mass customer base should not one by one have to update the "Do Not Call Register" with this number. Not a very good answer for the customers. The mass customer base should not have to one by one complain to the "unwelcome calls team".

This is a Telstra instigated problem. Please stop the calling if you cannot implement systems that are incapable of making phone calls........

Level 23: Superhero

The easy solution is on a mobile go into the phone app and call settings add the number to call rejections/ message rejections.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Accepted Solution

Or go here and ask them to stop contacting you (you need to provide the number they are ringing to contact you)

http://www.tsagroup.com.au/contact/

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Walton
Level 1: Cadet

I called BigPond to add an ADSL service this morning. They said I would receive a call back about rates

2 hours later I get a missed call from this number

Is this a coincidence or are they trying to steal business or is it a genuine part of Telstra?

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

The 08 6228 4009 number is one used by Telco Services Australia, who is a partner company that makes some outbound sales calls on behalf of Telstra. If you speak with our teams on 13 22 00 or via the online chat service at https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Facebook:Consumer our consultants can arrange to stop any future marketing calls like this to your numbers. 

Walton

Thank you

Walton

Subsequent to my previous post, this number belongs to the group who Telstra have outsourced their business connections.

They connected me to the wrong plan. I cancelled it the next day. They acknowledged this. BUT then they re-activated it again the next day.

Telstra, this has been an appalling display of service

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Walton,

If you do not wish to receive Telstra telemarketing calls, please call us on 1800 039 059 (9am-7pm EST Mon to Fri, excluding public holidays) & we'll be able to assist. You can read more on unwelcome calls via
http://goo.gl/kHIIFG

In regards to the re-activation of the plan, as I can not access your account from this communication, if you chat with us at http://goo.gl/uotfVL, they can view your plan details and assist further with this.

Raffie

I have done so 3 times and I continue to get these calls. As I said to the operator the 3rd time today, the next time this number calls I'll have you fined. Simple.
Jessielee

I feel that I should NOT have to sign up for a do not call list or have to call about this.

I signed up for a service with Telstra and not once when I was with Vodafone Optus or Aldi for telemarketing. We are already with your service why do you feel the need to hassle people?

This is really dissapointing service Telstra. I have received calls from this number every day for the past week and I have only had my plan for about a month.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Completely understand Jessielee.

As per our Privacy Statement, we may use your information so that we, our related entities, dealers and other business partners can promote and market products, services and special offers that we think will be of interest to you (which may include products, services and offers provided by a third party). This marketing may be carried out in a variety of ways (including by email, SMS/MMS, or social media or by customising on-line content and displaying advertising on websites) and may continue after you cease acquiring any products or services from us until you opt-out by calling 1800 039 059.

You can read our Privacy Statement at: http://goo.gl/PNHEik and for more information about unwanted calls please visit: http://goo.gl/KWge9

Takattak

The main problem I have with calls from this number is:

everytime I answer, the caller hangs up!

this has happened approximately 12 times in the last week.

If history is a guide this will stop calling me in the next 2 weeks (then happen again this time next year).

By which time this company will have called me 20 or 30 times to as you say  "promote and market products, services and special offers" while failing to utter a single word.

If someone is going to blame a broken "dialling system" or some such, that's fine except that it has been that way for YEARS, not days, weeks or months. that's pathetic.

Quote your privacy statement or whatever you like, butr think about this for a second.

In future if anyone does speak when i answer those calls how likely do you think it is that they'll be making a sale...

P_K

Thanks for listing the fine print @Dani39, that's exactly the sort of help we can expect from Telstra. I cannot understand how Telstra thinks it's a really great marketing strategy to annoy and harass its loyal customers!
I personally am considering disconnecting my number as the bulk of the calls I receive are these type of annoying timewasters and scammers.
BESTEXHAUST_com

main gripe is when I call them back they don't answer your call.  Telstra, the customer experience is appalling...  And I wouldn't want my business associaciated with such a shonky company.

garygaz

So I've ticked the 'do not call' option under my account in Telstra, yet this bloody number has been calling me on and off for the last 6 months. Please placate me on the forums by linking me to a random TOS page or saying it is a 'known issue' /s.

I mean the mods can say whatever they want but clearly whoever is heading your marketing division seems to believe the annoyance to customers is worth whatever you're squeezing out of them by making these calls.

I've even added the number to my autoblock, but it calls day after day.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Garygaz,

If you don't want to receive Telstra telemarketing calls, please call us on 1800 039 059 (9am–7pm AEST Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays). You can find more information on unwelcome calls via http://www.telstra.com.au/consumer-advice/unwelcome-calls/

If these calls continue, please contact our unwelcome calls team on 1800 805 996 between 6am to 12 midnight AEST. You can find more information on unwelcome calls via http://www.telstra.com.au/consumer-advice/unwelcome-calls/

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

garygaz

Missed call 14:43 12/03/2015

Missed call 11:13 11/03/2015

Missed call 12:45 10/03/2015 (That's right - at a quarter to one in the morning)

Missed call 18:19 09/03/2015

Missed call 14:37 06/03/2015

telstralol.png

lol

Support Team
Support Team

Hi garygaz,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I must tell you that regardless of your 'marketing' contact preferences as Telstra customer (this goes for all companies) we are allowed to contact you in certain situations. For example they may have been trying to get hold of you about a bill.

Now I have to say I was concerned about that late night call, however with the help of google I have double checked and can confirm that 12:45 is PM, the 24 hour clock  shows midnight as 00:00

If you'd like to chat online with someone  we can help via our secure online service on this link http://tel.st/49kl

If you like someone from my area can call you back to establish why we've been trying to track you down. If you fill in your info here a call back will happen within 24 hours http://tel.st/LeaveItWithUs

Angela 

inter1212

I have had missed calls from 08 6228 4010 (Tsa Telco Group)

12/3/15 @ 13.03 (Missed call)

12/3/15 @ 13.06 (I called back to hear the promotions on offer and declined as I was not interested)

13/3/15 @ 11.08 (Missed call)

13/3/15 @ 14.15 (Missed call)

13/3/15 @ 15.31 (I called back - went through the prompts to go on the do not call list - said it takes up to 30 days WTF)

16/3/15 @ 10.36 (missed call)

17/3/15 @ 10.18 (missed call)

17/3/15 @ 10.36 (I called back to say please stop calling)

17/3/15 @ 13.24 (Missed call) <--- Really?!

So i went onto TSA's website and on thier online chat and asked to stop calling.

I have no outstanding bills so there is no other reason for calling other than  promotions that i have made it clear i'm not interested in.

How can I stop these calls

Chiaroscuro

I too got a call from them today (Tues 7th June 2016) at 11:59 am. Due to all the scams that are around these days, I hung up once they asked for my DOB as I just don't trust unsolicited calls.

I am on the do not call register, howver, after reading a post from this thread, I also went into my account and unticked the marketing boxes so now I should not get ANY marketing contact (after 30 days have passed) what so ever.

I have blocked the number and if I get called after a month has passed, I will be registering a complaint.

Chloet1808

Hi, as someone who used to work in sales in a call centre, I can tell you why this happens. They have diallers which dial multiple numbers at one time and the first caller to pick up receives the full phone call, anyone who picks up after that first person, will be hung up on. Stupid system, I used to get a lot of complaints about this. All you have to do is simply say "put me on your do not call list" and by law you should not recieve any other calls, if they persist and legal action is taken, the company will be fined and may lose their license to make calls.
Chloet1808

My apologies, I replied to the wrong comment! 😆
CTBM

You can trust the TSA group. They are not scammers. Just the worst, in my opinion, telemarketers in existance. I'd be suprised if Telstra still had a formal association with them.

The TSA Group are based in Perth. Their CEO is Luke Kenny, CFO Jason Webster, General Manager Steve Spicer, "Head of IT" (a misnomer, personal opinion) Peter Ashcroft and Group Sales and Service Manager Daniel Hill-Smith. Their web site is: http://tsagroup.com.au and they can be contacted on 1800 994 608.

From multiple web forums they appear to be, in my opinon (the company, not the individuals who work there), the absolute scum of telemarketers, using cheap and nasty software systems.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit