CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Melmeak
Level 1: Cadet

Can you choose a new mobile phone number?

Answered
Hi, I just went in to a Telstra shop and got a new byo plan on our same account. I wanted to choose my own number, but the salesperson said that there was only 10 random numbers that will come up as available. I am just setting up a new home business and would have liked to try and have a number similar to my home phone. I signed up to the plan anyway, but am not really happy with the number and wondering if I can change it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Can you choose a new mobile phone number?

If you want to pay or have the time to go through prepaid stands then port to a post paid account or have a search via a search engine within AU. As there is such a thing called Bronze, Silver, Gold mobile numbers that you can purchase.

Cheers,
Dave

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

If you want to pay or have the time to go through prepaid stands then port to a post paid account or have a search via a search engine within AU. As there is such a thing called Bronze, Silver, Gold mobile numbers that you can purchase.

Cheers,
Dave

JB857
Level 1: Cadet

Hi I'm looking to choose my own mobile phone number and this thread came up on Google so hopefully someone here can help. I've found websites online such as http://numberchoice.uk/ that allow you to choose the last digits of your mobile number. But they all seem to be for other countries, is there a similar service in Australia that you can recommend? Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi JB857

In Australia numbers are allocated by Mobile Phone service providers, so you need to speak with your service provider to see if they offer you the option of selecting your own number.

Telstra do provide this option for our customers, however there is a cost involved of $55 to change and select a new number. 

There are additional costs if the number you choose has multiples of the same number, or the same sequences of numbers for example. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now