Highlighted
Danda858590
Level 1: Cadet

Cancelling diversions to message bank

Answered

Hi.  I'm after some advice please, as to how I can cancel diversions to message bank for anything other than  'if phone turned off' or 'if phone is out of service area'.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: Cancelling diversions to message bank

Here’s how it’s done:

To enable voicemail:

*61*101**30# Divert to 101 when unanswered after 30 seconds
*62*101# Divert to 101 when unreachable
*67*101# Divert to 101 when busy
*21*101# Divert all calls to 101

To disable voicemail:

#61# Cancel divert when unanswered
#62# Cancel divert when unreachable
#67# Cancel divert when busy
#002# Cancel all diverts

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
47 REPLIES 47
Accepted Solution

Here’s how it’s done:

To enable voicemail:

*61*101**30# Divert to 101 when unanswered after 30 seconds
*62*101# Divert to 101 when unreachable
*67*101# Divert to 101 when busy
*21*101# Divert all calls to 101

To disable voicemail:

#61# Cancel divert when unanswered
#62# Cancel divert when unreachable
#67# Cancel divert when busy
#002# Cancel all diverts

Danda858590

Thanks very much.
bwss
Level 8: Inspector

THis is one of the great things about Ask the crowd, snippets like this just make my day, I'm glad I read this little gem,  well done Deanna.

mobbooks

Thanks

TheFireman

Hey success at last. You just have to know where to look.  Thanks Telstra

rgmobile

thanks
taylah04

how do I dis engage *10# from my home phone I can,t get my answering machine to work

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi taylah04,

It sounds like you have Telstra Messagebank and you are hearing the stuttered dial tone for messages that have been left.

If you have your own answering machine than you would be required to chat to have Messagebank removed from your home service so you can use your answering machine as per normal Smiley Happy

Let us know how you go

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

buzzme

Thanks Deanna, too easy!
BobShaw5
Level 2: Rookie

I am on an NBN service and those cancel call diversions do no work except for the No answer.

You get a message saying the number you have called is not avaialble. Please contact your service provider.

Is there a code to cancel all diversions to messagebank from an NBN service please?

Bob

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Bob, 

Try #99# or #97#, either of these should remove diversion to MessageBank for phones on NBN.  If this doesn't work give our NBN tech team a call on 1800 834 273 option 3 and they can turn off the diversion to MessageBank in our system.

- Ben D 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

BobShaw5

Thanks Ben.

#99# works. Ta

#97# is unobtainable from this service.

multihull

I have just signed up for a Biz Bundle on my land line and Messagebank was installed. MB will be handy when I'm away but I'd like to disable the service at present. I have tried all the codes above but the diversion to MB still occurs after 30 seconds or so. Some of codes provided above don't connect.

How can I disable transfers to MB?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi multihull, you'd need to speak to our team via online chat at http://goo.gl/11oUE to have the Messagebank service turned off for the moment.

multihull

I have already contacted Telstra via the help number and they say they can turn off MB but it will then take up to 72 hours to reinstate Message Bank if I want to use it again. For example if I decide to go away for the weekend and want to divert the land line to my mobile.

Why can't my MB diversion be stopped like on other services such as mobile MB with a simple *__# code?

Support Team
Support Team

Hey multihull,

That is to disable MessageBank, if you just want to change it so your service diverts to another number rather than MessageBank, use the codes Deanna provided in the second post on this thread but replace 101 with the number you want to divert to.

-Dylan

ignorant99

Hi, I asked a Telstra Custumer Support person in a shop today how to extend the ringtone time, he took my phone and pushed a few buttons, and later I noticed that message bank was switched on again - which I had had switched off!

Now as I am switching message bank off again my ring time is back to 4 rings only!

Does anyone know how to keep message bank OFF,  AND extend the ring time?

Suggestions much appreciated!

Support Team
Support Team

Hi ignorant99,   

To extend your ringtone please dial **61*101** (number of seconds 15,20,15 or 30) # then press send/call.

Jackee

Have entered #002# on Samsung s6 a few times but divert to messagebank is to on.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jackee, if you check your userguide for your handset you should be able to locate the settings for call divert, you can turn off call divert when busy, when no answer, or all etc as you need

Wizofau

It appears Telstra know what we want better than we do.  On my S5 it is not possible to stop diversion to message bank. Using the codes #61#, #002# etc, and the Androids built in "Call Forwarding" feature in settings, the response when choosing the option to "disable" is "Unsupported by Operator"!!  It appears Telstra will NOT LET YOU disable forwarding to Message Bank.

And strangely on mine, they have inserted a new number into the call forwarding when I attempted to disable it, "+61418707111".

I wonder what it's costing me to have my calls diverted to that, as I do not wish to incurr ANY call forwarding charges, so to be FORCED to pay call forward charges I can't turn of....that must be a case for the TIO.

Rambla

Excellent to the point info. Thank you so much.
Fitzie

Simply Dial. ##002#. And hit send from the mobile 📱

handset you want to Stop receiving voice mail 📼

messages on and its turned off..

catchpoints

Thanks - that was great advice!

#99# worked fine, just switched over to NBN last week.

Cheers,

Lindsay

ghd

After turning off voice mail do the unanswered calls go to speecn to text so you get a SMS?

G
ghd

Don't worry about answering the above question, I tured voice mail off and got someone to ring me and it went to speech to text.
thanks
G
eab

It worked!
millview-41

Thank you very much

Peter

WP57

Unable to turn messagebank of NBN landline. I cannot gain...

Unable to turn messagebank of NBN landline. I cannot gain access. Was told by Telstra to use #002# but this would not work either. Am currently waiting on phone for help but can't wait long.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Unable to turn messagebank of NBN landline. I cannot gain...

Hi WP57

Did you end up getting this resolved by the phone support team?

TechDinosaur

Just to clarify (because I'm easily confused with this stuff!) if I dial #002# then that will turn off calls going to Messagebank? Will I get an SMS for each call missed, because I don't want one (I'm going overseas) nor do I want any messages turned into text. Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@TechDinosaur

If you would like all diversions turned off, you'll need to contact the Mobile Team directly.
Removing the diversions to Messagebank will still leave the "CNS" diversion in place (Call Notification Service)
The CNS is the feature where people leave a "10 second message" that is converted to a text.

If you want this off also, the Mobile Tech Team will need to do this for you.

Contact them here

- Matt

Abbey81

I'm having an issue with my unanswered calls. Instead of going straight to message bank like usual, all of the sudden a voice interrupts the call and says "your call is being diverted, please hold" then it goes to my MessageBank.

Is there a way that the unanswered call can go directly to my voicemail?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Abbey81

Apologies for the delay in responding. Has this matter been resolved?

Dooza

Please advise me how I can turn message bank off my mobile phone, thanks,Joyce

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Dooza / Joyce

To disable/remove Messagebank from your Mobile service:

• Dial and call #61# to cancel diversions when unanswered.

• Dial and call #62# to cancel diversions when unreachable.

• Dial and call #67# to cancel diversions when busy.

• Dial and call #002# to cancel all diverts.

Hopefully this helps. Please let us know how you go.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

BoBack

I have entered the codes listed above and have mostly success but now my phone goes straight to MessageBank without ringing once. As if my phone was switched off.
A penny for your thoughts?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@BoBack Are you trying to turn on, or off, diversions to voicemail? For your mobile, or your home phone?

BoBack

I want it on my mobile device; but it diverts straight to MessageBank without ringing.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@BoBack

Are you able to try calling **004*101# on your mobile as this should restore your messagbank diversions to their defaults.

BoBack

Beautiful. That has worked. Thank you.
Paradyn

Hi, I have read all messages on this bank and then try to cancel message bank

It still works. I have tried out all code and get the message "the number I have

call is not available from this service". All I want is message bank deleted from

my account. I had it done years ago and now the NBN has started all these feature

are back, I have had deleted.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Paradyn. Sorry to hear it's back. Please call us on 1800 834 273 for NBN-specific help. 

Let us know how you get on - Matthew.

Bunjy

I have tried the recommended fixes for this but unanswered calls are still being diverted to message bank after only about 10 seconds. I do not want this and I didn't ask for it, I just want it to ring.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Bunjy - If you do not want Messagebank at all, I would recommend contacting our accounts team on 132200 (or 1800 834 273 for NBN) to ask that they remove this product

pauljasonf

I see on my account dashboard a old number & it says diversion 101 in the usage still. I did give the phone too a friend. What does this mean?
pauljasonf

Thank you

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now