Highlighted
laurenmorton22
Level 1: Cadet

Change Mobile Number

Answered

Hi, 

I need to change my mobile number. Can I do this on-line or do I need to go into a store? I am on a plan and have been for over a year now. Bascially I am getting unwated phone calls from an ex-boyfriend and its getting a bit out of hand now so need to get it changed ASAP. Can you please let me know the process? Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Change Mobile Number

You should be able to change your number over the phone.

Let them know the reason for the request as their is normally a charge for changing your number, but they may agree to waive it for you as a goodwill gesture considering the circumstances.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

You should be able to change your number over the phone.

Let them know the reason for the request as their is normally a charge for changing your number, but they may agree to waive it for you as a goodwill gesture considering the circumstances.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Level 22: Superhuman

laurenmorton22 wrote:

Bascially I am getting unwated phone calls from an ex-boyfriend and its getting a bit out of hand now so need to get it changed ASAP. Can you please let me know the process?

From http://www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/advice/unwelcome-calls/call-types/index.htm

Have you considered changing your number and making it unlisted?

Fixed Lines: Silent line charges apply. Please contact Sales on 132200.

Mobile Services: Call 125 111 to arrange.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
laurenmorton22

Thanks very much. I called up Telstra and they changed it straight away.
crazycarroll

I need the change because I have a ended a realign ship and the guy will not leave me alone and I have been also getting unwanted calls 

Level 22: Superhuman

crazycarroll wrote:

I have been also getting unwanted calls 

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
shaz70

Hi I need new mobile number from old <removed for your privacy> please 

your regards

sharon

Support Team
Support Team

Hey,

Was this for a Pre-Paid or Post-Paid service with Telstra? 

Pre-Paid you just need to purchase a new SIM and have this activated with the number that is provided on the box. More details for the Pre-paid offers can be located at:

http://tel.st/fflv

To change the mobile number for a Post-Paid service there can be fees applicable, depending on the contract. I would recommend contacting the Live Chat Billing team to discuss this further and they can be reached 24/7 via:

http://tel.st/hsc3

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now