Highlighted
frog
Level 4: Private Eye

Complaint

Hi,

I've had a case manager at SRG assigned, however his conduct has been pretty questionable. He says one thing on the phone, and then writes an email back saying something different. He leaves notes for some things, but fails to leave them in other situations. He never calls back when promised, I always had to contact him. He tries to trap me into agreeing to things on the phone, and any call recordings where he does this are 'unrecoverable' yet the ones where I've fallen for the traps are brought up as evidence I've agreed to things, etc...

Problem is I made a complaint about him, and since then he's had it in for me!

Problem I have is being in SRG, he "trumps" pretty much everyone else at Telstra. Nobody wants to go anywhere near the issue, for that reason.

How do I complain about SRG? Are they untouhcable? 

Everytime I try and email his supervisor, he intercepts the emails and responds himself.

Whenever I call his department to speak to his supervisor or ask to complain about him, he demands the calls goto him instead. The secretary seems scared to not do what he says.

I'm sick of it! If one of my staff acted like this, they'd be shown the door!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Complaint

I have two suggestions:

https://www.telstra.com.au/webforms/contact-ceo/index.cfm

then

http://www.tio.com.au/

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
frog

Tried that.

Emails to the CEO's office goto a central inbox, and because he is my case manager they are forwarded to him. Even if the email is a complaint about him.

He trumps the guys in the TIO department. 

Seriously this guy doesn't seem to answer to anyone, and those he does answer to don't seem to be contactable by customers.

I've never experienced anything quite like it.

He can't trump the TIO. If you lodge the complaint with the TIO, and aren't happy with how the complaint is being handled then you can ask the TIO to escalate the complaint. They will then take over, liase between the two of you and if needed make a binding determination on Telstra regardless of what this rep thinks.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
frog

I dunno. I had a TIO case manager, they refuse to talk to me saying that this new guy has to deal with the case. Everybody I speak to at Telstra (TIO or otherwise) can see something's up, but this "SRG" department seem to have some sort of untouchable aura, and nobody will intervene :/

I mean to stop dealing with any case manager at Telstra, either this guy or a TIO assigned manager.

I mean contacting the TIO with your original complaint reference number, and telling them you want the complaint escalated because you aren't happy with the way in which it is being handled by Telstra.  You can express to them your concerns and that you don't want to deal directly with Telstra any longer.  This is one of the primary reasons for the TIO existing.

It is a slower process, but the TIO documents everything, so they can't be tricked into agreeing to things etc.

frog

I'll try that with the TIO.

This staff member still needs to be brought into line tho.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Frog, 

This is not acceptable by any means what so ever. 

I've sent you a PM, and I will personally make sure that this is resolved, either by resolving your complaint myself, or I can arrange a new complaints manager for you, and I can certainly contact his Team Leader, or higher and ensure that he doesn't continue this. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 21: Augmented

Incidentally to my knowledge SRG is now the name for the an industry partner run center and the "top complaints team" are CRG so sounds like you have an average joe and not a "complaints superstar" dealing with your issue. Send Steph the details anyway.
Lathania

Hey Lathania, 

SRG and CRG are the same team... 

The team used to be called the Service Recovery Group. 

However, it was renamed the Customer Relations Group, or Customer Relations Team. 
The new name just hasn't stuck with everyone, so now it's called either or :-) 

There are both offshore, and on shore SRG/ CRG staff :-) 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

frog

I actually got hold of someone who described himself as his team leader. He just kept saying the rep is a nice guy and would never do this.

Sounded like his best mate, not his supervisor.
frog

Steph - I don't think it's possible to reply to your. PM on my iPhone (I can't work it out), I'll reply when I get to a computer a little later.
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Aegis is doing heaps of the Complaints for Telstra now...... If it goes to the TIO my understanding is that its assigned to a "Complex" case manager who is likely to be a Direct Telstra Employee.

Bit shocking that when you complain about an employee they are still permitted to access your account and manage your complaint!

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Not just still permitted to access your account, but manage the complaint about themselves.

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@Kalak wrote:
Not just still permitted to access your account, but manage the complaint about themselves.

Or to influence the complaint in any way, shape or form.

Suggested process should be for that Employee to be suspended (on full pay) pending the investigation of any customer complaint about them specifically. They shouldn't be able to touch a single account if the customer is alleging illegal conduct (Failure to provide adequate notes is a breach of Industry Codes, therefore a breach of Telstra's Carrier Licence).

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

frog

"Someone will call you about 9am"

I contact Telstra 4pm, after not receiving a call. To be told "the case manager has to deal with this, we forwarded him a message saying you'd found him unhelpful"

Wonderful - that'll help ;(

Want a Big Gigaboost?

Get a Massive 10GB Bonus on Select Lease Plans.

Find out more