CrowdSupport®
Level 2: Rookie

Credit Me2U

Answered

Hello,

I support roughly a hundred case workers for kids in care. Recently one of the more enterprising kids observed and memorised the unlock code for the case worker's phone, then at an opportune moment gained access to the phone, and used #100# and credit me2u to top up their own prepaid account. Crafty eh?:-)

So I have a few questions about Credit Me2U that I'm hoping someone can help me answer:

1. Can Credit Me2U be disabled on an account? (or in this case on 100 accounts?)

2. I read that it should be secured with a pin and if the pin is entered 3 times incorrectly it gets locked out. How long does the lock out last? Can it be locked out permanently, for example?

3. I also read, if you do not use the service within 6 months customer will need to re-register. Does this mean that if I set  a pin, and it isn't used after 6 months the pin will be reset?

4. If I pin block the service and  I loose the pin, how do I recover it? (If I pin block the service on our 100 phones, can the end users call up and have it unblocked)?

5. Last but not least, I haven't got the bill yet, but does anyone know how Credit Me2U appears on a Telstra statement? 

Thanks kindly for any assistance Smiley Happy

Cheers

Ne

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Credit Me2U

Interesting question, I'm assuming these are Post-Paid services?

I don't know the specifics, but If you can't find someone here who can give you the answer you can try LiveChat (and please post the answers you find so that you can help others Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Follow up and close.

I took Ben's advice and used the Telstra chat thing.

The first person I chatted with said basically there was nothing I could do about it. It took them a good 7 minutes to give me that reply though, so I'd started doing other stuff and the chat session times out if you leave it without responding for more than 2 minutes.  

So I called back back and the next guy I spoke to said that you can request Telstra bar the service. They need notification in writing, and on letterhead from someone authorized to access the account but it can be done.

All of our phones are credit me2u barred now. :-)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Interesting question, I'm assuming these are Post-Paid services?

I don't know the specifics, but If you can't find someone here who can give you the answer you can try LiveChat (and please post the answers you find so that you can help others Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted

Hi Ben, 

Thanks for the reply :-)

I'll give it a couple of days, and then poke the LiveChat folks to see if they can tell me more. To answer your question, though, yes, they are all post-paid services. 

Cheers

Ne

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Follow up and close.

I took Ben's advice and used the Telstra chat thing.

The first person I chatted with said basically there was nothing I could do about it. It took them a good 7 minutes to give me that reply though, so I'd started doing other stuff and the chat session times out if you leave it without responding for more than 2 minutes.  

So I called back back and the next guy I spoke to said that you can request Telstra bar the service. They need notification in writing, and on letterhead from someone authorized to access the account but it can be done.

All of our phones are credit me2u barred now. :-)

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Am I able transfer credit from an prepaid ipad account to a prepaid mobie using CreditMe2U? If so please tell me how from My Account on my computer. Thankyou.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

pls i need help canceling a credit me to you transfer from my post paid to prepaid. spoken to both post paid and pre paid 3 staff members fro

@itsNe wrote:

Hello,

I support roughly a hundred case workers for kids in care. Recently one of the more enterprising kids observed and memorised the unlock code for the case worker's phone, then at an opportune moment gained access to the phone, and used #100# and credit me2u to top up their own prepaid account. Crafty eh?:-)

So I have a few questions about Credit Me2U that I'm hoping someone can help me answer:

1. Can Credit Me2U be disabled on an account? (or in this case on 100 accounts?)

2. I read that it should be secured with a pin and if the pin is entered 3 times incorrectly it gets locked out. How long does the lock out last? Can it be locked out permanently, for example?

3. I also read, if you do not use the service within 6 months customer will need to re-register. Does this mean that if I set  a pin, and it isn't used after 6 months the pin will be reset?

4. If I pin block the service and  I loose the pin, how do I recover it? (If I pin block the service on our 100 phones, can the end users call up and have it unblocked)?

5. Last but not least, I haven't got the bill yet, but does anyone know how Credit Me2U appears on a Telstra statement? 

Thanks kindly for any assistance Smiley Happy

Cheers

Ne

m both areas and no one could help, i am unable to cancel throught the my account either.  

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit