Highlighted
d20132013
Level 2: Rookie

Data Pack

Answered

I was wondering about the duration of contract for the Data Pack options?

And, are there any exit fees for these data packs?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Data Pack

There is no minimum contract term for Data Packs (added onto a post-paid Telstra Mobile service) and hence no early termination charge or “exit fees” in relation to them.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
d20132013
Accepted Solution

Awesome. Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

There is no minimum contract term for Data Packs (added onto a post-paid Telstra Mobile service) and hence no early termination charge or “exit fees” in relation to them.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Level 21: Augmented

yep, in my experience add on data packs are moth to month
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
d20132013
Accepted Solution

Awesome. Thanks
drack
Level 1: Cadet

how do u no what data pack you need only when telstra say at the end of the moth

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Drack, 

You'd use our usage monitoring tools through out your billing period, so that you can see how much data you have used. 

Then if it looks like you'll exceed your usage, you can add a data pack. 

Plus we will also send you messages about your data usage (unless you've requested they be turned off) once you start to get close to exceeding your allowance. 

I'd recommend our Telstra 24x7 app as one of the best ways to monitor your usage. 
http://www.telstra.com.au/my-account/telstra-24x7-app/

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Kye4266
Level 1: Cadet

How do u decrease data pack??? I not been using all none and was wanting to decrease it however there is nowhere on account services that allow u to do this
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Have a chat to billing here and they can remove it for you. Currently functionality to downgrade a data pack does not exist online, we are working on this feature for future.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Want a Big Gigaboost?

Get a Massive 10GB Bonus on Select Lease Plans.

Find out more