CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Data

I think it is disgusting how David Thody has instructed Telstra not to allow live tracking of Phone calls and data. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Data

Hi Steven_T,

I'm not sure where you got that information, can you enlighten me?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Ashley,

I don't know who David Thody is, but data is a topic I'm passionate about, so I might use this thread to ask few questions.

I'm on a discontinued $60 plan with 1.5Gb of data. I run out of data occassionally and buy a 3Gb datapack. However, this additional datapack stays for the following month unless I explicitly ask for its removal. Also, if I run out of these 3 gigs on, say last day, I cannot just buy 1gb to keep me going, but the only option is 6gb. It doesn't make sense to me, but makes money for Telstra, so I understand your motives albeit do not agree with the approach.

Telstra's reporting on individual data usage leaves lots to wish for. At its best the reports in 24/7 app are updated every 4 hours. Data reports are very frequently unavailable, often in critical times, just before billing periods end and usually unavailable on weekends. All in all the 24/7 app has somewhat misleading name, which builds up unrealistic user expectations.

The worst part about Telstra's data delivery and reporting is that one cannot use up what one paid for without risking of going over the limit. If I buy a bottle of milk I use every drop of it and know they won't come after me asking for more money. With your data I pay for a quantity but it's not visible to me so it's easy to overuse. 

May I suggest that you allow, especially on the last day of a billing period, to run over the agreed limit and simply deduct the overused data from the following month's allowance. It really is not that difficult to adjust your system for that but would show that you do think about your customers' convenience, even if you don't.

I wonder what your thoughts are on all that...

.wlukasz.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Wlukasz.

Whilst we do attempt to have our 24x7 App running continuously in some cases maintenance over the weekend is required which can cause the app to not display the most up to date information. With our data allocation we do set strict guidelines to provide a seamless experience for all of our customers as allowing two billing periods to merge in that sense may cause confusion with some of our users. 

- Patrice

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit