CrowdSupport®
gen900
Level 1: Cadet

End of Contract.. now what?

I am on the Go Mobile Swap Plan $95 which is due to end next month.

I am looking to move to another provider as Telstra is out of my price range at the moment.

Am i going to have to pay to keep my phone? 

Not completely understanding (at my own fault) why i was paying $120 a month, to not even own my phone at the end of the 24 months?

I am looking at moving to a BYO Plan with another provider for only $40 a month and excess of 15GB

is there an option like this at Telstra?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: End of Contract.. now what?

Telstra’s BYO are $49 for 15GB or I think it is currently 60GB for $59.

With the lease plan, yes, you save $10 per month on the outright plan, but at the end of the 2 years a fee would apply to buy out the phone.

I would suggest speaking to the dedicated disconnection team on 132200 and say “disconnection”, they are primarily based out of Adelaide and will be able to go through the different options and costs and sometimes may have other options they can offer to help meet you needs.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now