CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Raels15
Level 1: Cadet

End of contract - moving to BYO plan?

I have just finished my 2 year contract with Telstra and wanting to go on MX byo plan   Am trying to apply online but when I get to mobile phone section the options are to bring your number from another carrier or get a new number 

I am a Telstra customer and want to keep my own number so how can I complete the online application 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: End of contract - moving to BYO plan?

Hi Raels15, 

As stated on the plan details, that specific offer is for new customers only sorry. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SimonP
Level 3: Gumshoe

What constitutes a 'new customer'? If you leave Telstra and come back is that considered new?

In my case my wife's phone is on my account (out of contract) .. if she wete to transfer the phone to a new account of her own, would that count?

On a side note - I must say that I find this sort of marketing really annoying where are the benefits to those loyal Telstra customers? How about more data and call inclusions the longer you remain?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello SimonP

A new customers is one who does not have a service with us.

If your wife does not have a service in her name and opens a new account and signs up new Mobile service, this would involve a new number then it is a new service and customer. 

We do have a range of offers and release new promotions our site is upgrade with information when this happens : http://tel.st/eph8

Some offers do have eligibility criteria .

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

SimonP
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks but by the sounds of it, if she wants to retain her number she won't be elligible?

If we leave Telstra and come back is that considered a new service?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you leave Telstra there will be a waiting period to be classed as a new customer. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit