Mick1664
Level 2: Rookie

Finding your Telstra Account Number

A 'friend" has a telstra sim in his phone that works. Trouble is he has never got a bill from telsta. He can ring out and recieve calls, text anytime, everything, just no bills and we cant find an account number to find out.

the other side of the coin is he use to have a house phone and changed to this mobile to get away from fixed line rental. His last bill for the house phone was an credit for $80, now he doesnt know weather to ask for his credit back or leave sleeping dogs lie.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Finding your Telstra Account Number

Hey @Mick1664

Your "friend" should probably download the Telstra 24/7 app.  If he or she can remember their account details (email and password), they should be able to see their account number in the app.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Hi @Mick1664,

If your 'friend' dials #150# on their mobile, it should show the mobile number and Telstra account number for the mobile.  

It shows both when I dial #150#.

If it just shows a mobile number then one would presume there is no account number. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Mick1664

Dialing #150# gives a message of 

' this service is only available for telstra prepaid services"

I have no idea how this phone is working and who is paying bills

Mick1664

The problem is the only account has an $80 credit and no mobile number attached and he does not remember setting up passwords let alone emails for it

Well, the safe (and dare I say) moral thing to do if someone else is paying the bills is to go into a store and try and get the thing sorted.

I wouldn't for instance, want to be caught with a phone that might belong to some criminal organisation that might be being monitored for instance......

Or some company that starts looking for the phone, and then decides to chase after money.Smiley Tongue

That's just me.

It might even turn out to be completely innocent and your "freind" can rest easy.Smiley LOL

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Want a Big Gigaboost?

Get a Massive 10GB Bonus on Select Lease Plans.

Find out more