Highlighted
emjay
Level 1: Cadet

Freedom Connect BYO 49

Answered

I am currently on the Freedom connect $49 BYO mobile plan and looking to change to the $59 plan for 12 months.

If I want to upgrade to a new Iphone within the12 months do I need to payout the remaining months on the plan or can   I change over to a new plan which includes a new handset?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Freedom Connect BYO 49

Hi Emjay,

If you are currently on a plan which is either a BYO plan or a plan which you did not take a handset, regardless of it being in contract, you can upgrade with Telstra to a new handset provided you don't drop lower than your current spend.

For example, you sign up to a $49 Freedom Connect BYO plan, on a 12 month contract, 2 months later an amazing handset comes out on our network that you just have to have. Easy, You can upgrade to that handset, aslong as the plan you go on is still $49 or higher (same or higher spend level). If you choose a plan which is lower than $49 a month (lower than your current spend level) you will be charged the cancelation amount of the original $49 BYO plan.

So it's very simple, as long as you are not under contract with a handset, we will wave a plans contract if you upgrade to the same or high spend level.

Hope that makes sense of it all for you Smiley Happy

While I am a Telstra Employee, my views expressed on this post are my own, and may not be the views of Telstra Corporation Limited.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
les02jen17
Level 3: Gumshoe

The early termination charge of your Freedom Connect $49 BYO plan can and will be waived IF you would recontract to the Freedom Connect $59, regardless if it's under a 12mo or 24mo contract, as per the existing business rules. You can call 132200 to have a consultant assist you in working this out.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Although I am Telstra staff, any views I express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra."
Josh
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Hi Emjay,

If you are currently on a plan which is either a BYO plan or a plan which you did not take a handset, regardless of it being in contract, you can upgrade with Telstra to a new handset provided you don't drop lower than your current spend.

For example, you sign up to a $49 Freedom Connect BYO plan, on a 12 month contract, 2 months later an amazing handset comes out on our network that you just have to have. Easy, You can upgrade to that handset, aslong as the plan you go on is still $49 or higher (same or higher spend level). If you choose a plan which is lower than $49 a month (lower than your current spend level) you will be charged the cancelation amount of the original $49 BYO plan.

So it's very simple, as long as you are not under contract with a handset, we will wave a plans contract if you upgrade to the same or high spend level.

Hope that makes sense of it all for you Smiley Happy

While I am a Telstra Employee, my views expressed on this post are my own, and may not be the views of Telstra Corporation Limited.
Support Team
Support Team

@Josh wrote:

One minor correction: if you recontract to a lower plan (which... there isn't really... but say if you had started on the $59 plan and wanted to move down to the $49) in this situation where you don't have an included handset, you aren't charged the full early termination fee. Instead you are charged a $50 administration fee.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Want a Big Gigaboost?

Get a Massive 10GB Bonus on Select Lease Plans.

Find out more