Highlighted
kimchigal
Level 1: Cadet

Freedom prepaid plus data pack

Answered
Hi,

Does anyone know when is Telstra going to release plus data pack for Freedom prepaid plan? I just activated a new number and didn't realise that they took off the cap encore and data pack.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
No-comment
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: Freedom prepaid plus data pack

I recharged with $30 and there's a promotion at the moment for double data except when I recharged it only gave me 400 MB instead of the 800.
My friend has the same problem.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi no-comment, 

This offer is only for people who take up the new Telstra Freedom Pre-Paid offer. 

Customers on our other Pre-Paid offers aren't entitled to the double credit. 

If you haven't changed offers recently you're most likely on our Pre-Paid Cap Encore offer, which doesn't get this bonus

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
28 REPLIES 28
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi kimchigal, 

We expect to have a new range of Data Packs available for the Freedom offer in the coming months. However at the moment we don't have a date that these packs will be available. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

kimchigal

So what should I do now if I need extra data?
Support Team
Support Team

With the Freedom plan, your data usage uses your Freedom credit before using your recharge credit. Otherwise the only way to get more data at this stage is to recharge again.

kimchigal

Ok. Thank you for reply.
No-comment
Accepted Solution

I recharged with $30 and there's a promotion at the moment for double data except when I recharged it only gave me 400 MB instead of the 800.
My friend has the same problem.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi no-comment, 

This offer is only for people who take up the new Telstra Freedom Pre-Paid offer. 

Customers on our other Pre-Paid offers aren't entitled to the double credit. 

If you haven't changed offers recently you're most likely on our Pre-Paid Cap Encore offer, which doesn't get this bonus

No-comment

Hello, yes I forgot to mention that I'm actually I'm the Pre-Paid Freedom offer and so is my friend. When she activated her phone she went onto the Freedom offer but never received any double data.
I recently changed from the Cap Encore to the Freedom Offer and then recharged after that and did not receive any double date.
I contacted a Telstra consultant as my plus packs had disappeared because at first I recharged before changing over so when I changed over, none of my data rolled over but we cleared that up and I was told that I would receive the double data as soon as I recharged with $30 so I did that and only received the 400 MB
Support Team
Support Team

Your best bet will be to check this out with our pre-paid team on 125 8887 and they will be able to review this recharge for you. You should definitely be getting the double data, if you're on the correct plan.

Mr_White

Data packs should/need to be a priority here. A LOT of unhappy campers about no data packs on your so-called "Freedom" plan.

Nice work getting people to switch to an inferior plan, but it's not really the way to go to inspire confidence. Re-charge just to get more data?! c'mon! 

cloud

I am leaving telstra because of this

cloud

Optus $2 days prepaid. $60-62/m for unlimited calls and texts and up to 500mb of 4G data a day (up to 15 gigs a month).
ktoffetti

@cloud wrote:
Optus $2 days prepaid. $60-62/m for unlimited calls and texts and up to 500mb of 4G data a day (up to 15 gigs a month).

Telstra needs a plan like this

Tag answers as Accepted Solution and give Kudos to those that deserve them!
Alex-Portnoy
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra did this to reduce customers as they are flooding its network currently.
Sillyolpom

Not only did I not get the bonus data, but my recharge credit $30 disapeard too. A quick call fixed it up but unacceptable, a lot of people don't check, maybe even dont know how to check and they would be well and truly ripped off.. Also i was advised by telstra support to purchase a $20 bonus data pack with my freedom plan, but when I tried I find it isn't available. I was also told by a Telstra employee that the. Double data bonus expired last month, when I told and showed him it ran to april2015 he was dunfounded - he genuinely didn't know.... Not good Telstra. When you releas an offer make sure your systems work
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sillyolpom.

Apologies to hear about the misinformation, as well as the problems with your recharge. If you need to follow anything up still, chat to our prepaid team here: http://tel.st/nxzt and we can assist.

Cheers, Scott.

Lisaweathertop

I just stupidly switched to freedom and have lost my credit as it used it all on data..and now I cant get onto any numbers to call anyone.. bad luck if I have a medical emergency .. 

Lisaweathertop

mine has used my credit and now I have no phone or data .. 

what do I do now 

feeling very ripped off as I just recharged and expected to have phone credit for a month 

Lisaweathertop

Freedom prepaid plus data pack

what a rip off you recharge and then ehy steal your credit and then you cant go back.. 

ripped off severely  

i will be cnahging all our phone plans .. another loyal customer just lost telstra 

Level 23: Superhero

Lisa, if you have experienced problems with a prepaid data recharge, I'd suggest you make contact with the Telstra prepaid service via the Live Chat facility at the following link and have them sort it out for you as they would have direct access to account details etc. which aren't available to us on a public forum: https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer

signature_2.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Lisa, you can still dial 000 or 112 from your mobile phone to contact the Emergency Services if needed. You can get in touch with our Prepaid teams via online chat at http://goo.gl/11oUE  for further investigation and help.

ShyahneStevenso

Lol
thefuzz

Really disappointed with the freedom plan. Truly was a scam to change. Lost a lot of benefits losing encore and now the plus packs are gone. Good one Telstra. Today I move back to Vodafone for both numbers.
maoteev

Why does Telstra offer a plus pack for exorbitantly priced overseas data on their prepaid plans but not allow for the purchase of a use data in Australia plus pack?

What is the point of having recharge credit if it can't be used for purchasing data.

It is ridiculous that you have to purchase a voucher so you can buy 1 gb of data. Telstra would save hundreds of calls to their chat service which are increasingly having long queues (29 in queue yesterday) if customers could sort out their data needs without having to get an operator to help.

Angelbell

Mine wont use credit once data runs out been 5 months at least

stephy76

i totally agree.i originally chose this plan because of the data allowance and top up option.it would have been nice to have received an email or sms,to personally inform me of any plan changes.maybe in the future telstra can give longterm customers of prepaid offers,relevant info on changes.i use a fair bit of data and it sucks i cant even top up.

ChunYang

On the Recharge page it states 

THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW

Data Plus Packs are for use in Australia and are valid for 7 days. Data Plus Packs are used first before your chosen offer inclusions. You can only use your Plus Pack if your recharge has not expired.

It would seem that it is now impossible to use Recharge Credits to buy Plus packs which you can use within Australia and so the statement on the recharge page it would seem is totally false - I would suggest it appears to me to be false advertising.

Having recharge credit is actually useless if the service is used mostly for data. If the data runs out it seems that the recharge data is not able to be used at all for more data. Up until some time ago I was able to buy plus packs using recharge data but that is no longer the case. This really a rip off. 

ChunYang

where it says recharge data in the last paragraph it should be recharge credit.
ChunYang

"We expect to have a new range of Data Packs available for the Freedom offer in the coming months. However at the moment we don't have a date that these packs will be available. "

This reply was 2 years ago, how long do we have to wait for the coming months, it seems 2 christmases will be come and gone before anythig happens.

Want a Big Gigaboost?

Get a Massive 10GB Bonus on Select Lease Plans.

Find out more