CrowdSupport®
Simo-
Level 1: Cadet

Go swap lease scam

POSTED ON FACEBOOK, WOW how people love to vent, ....does anyone have any thing good to say about Telstra at all???

Look at this!!!, what a disgrace TELSTRA!!!, I cannot believe I have been a long time customer and I still get ripped off by these people, I get a text from TELSTRA asking me to return my phone in “good working order” just before my 24 month contract is about to expire, I had no idea I had to do this as I have never ever in the past handed back my phone to TELSTRA!, all this time apparently I was leasing the phone???, I expect that the cost of the phone came out of my bill every month, now they are asking me to hand in my phone or I can keep it and pay an amount of money to keep the 2 year old phone???, SHAME ON YOU TELSTRA!!!,

P.s.... I was going to say that I stay with Telstra because they have good network coverage, but have a look, can barely get 2 bars of reception lol 😂😂😌

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Go swap lease scam

On a lease plan, you don't pay the handset payments each month. So you want to keep the phone at the end of the contract term, you need to pay for the handset. 

It's all clearly worded in the contract that you read and signed. If you didn't bother paying attention to what you were signing up for, you only have yourself to blame.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now