CrowdSupport®
LarrySix
Level 3: Gumshoe

How To: Extend The Ring Time For MessageBank On My Mobile

Mobile MessageBank is a valuable tool for us all. Being such a valuable tool there is one common thread that many of us have. This being the call is diverted to MessageBank before we get to the phone. This maybe happening prematurely and can be most frustrating. To reduce the frustration you can extend the ring time.

There are three conditional call forwarding settings (Busy, No Answer, No Reply) and the default ring time for each of these diversions is 15 seconds.

If you are haven’t extended this default time the following easy steps will assist you.

Please note there are 4 ring times and must be in five second increments. 15(default), 20, 25 and 30 seconds.

To extend the ring time simply enter * * 61 * 1 0 1 * * (number of seconds: 15, 20, 25 or 30) # and press SEND or CALL.

For example, to set the ring time to 25 seconds before it diverts to MessageBank, you would enter the following key sequence into your phone:   * * 6 1 * 1 0 1 * * 2 5 # and press SEND or CALL.

If you set the ring time to 30 seconds and find this is too long, you simply repeat the process with the desired length.

If you are wanting to re-set the ring time to default (15 seconds) enter # # 0 0 4 #

Larry Sixsmith

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Brontojoris

Re: How To: Extend The Ring Time For MessageBank On My Mobile

Hi,
I tried this on an iPhone but actually got an error message, I think it listed various services but each had failed. The code I used was **61*101**40#
The account is a brand new prepaid service.
Are there any special instruction for iPhones, or prepaid services?
mortax10

No the longest time you can set before it goes to message bank is 30 seconds.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Missing Calls?

HEY!

Ever gone to answer your phone, struggled to get it out of your pocket or find it in your bag only to get it to your face and miss the call...? Well how about you extend the ring time! Its easy.

Step 1: Type  **61*101**30# into your phone (as if you were making a call) 

Step 2: Press the call button. 

Step 3: ..... THATS IT!

Normally a phone is preset to about 10-15sec. So you may very well double your ring time. 

This however does not work on ZTE phones. If you have a ZTE phone, borrow a friends phone (non-ZTE) and type it in there. Otherwise pop into your local Telstra Store and they should be able to help!

Jarath

Tech Expert - Tesltra Shop Clifford Gardens Toowoomba

Although I am Telstra staff, any views expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra.
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Missing Calls?

Just a comment, our faults team can also do this over the phone, 24/7. Simply call 125111 and say "Faults" for them to action it Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Level 21: Augmented

what would be the code if you don't use messagebank, I use that missed call text service (whatever it's called), not sure if something like this applies to that service but find I miss calls a lot by not getting to them quick enough
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Devilman05
Level 4: Private Eye

is there a command to switch off message bank all together?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Devilman05 - if you want Messagebank removed you'd need to contact us to have it taken off your account. This can be done by the Mobiles team on 125 111 or via the chat links available from the CrowdSupport front page.

Once Messagebank has been removed it's replaced by our default messaging service which allows people to leave a 10-second message which is then converted to text and sent to you as an SMS. If you don't want this either it can also be blocked after Messagebank has been removed (just ask the consultant you're speaking to!)

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Southways
Level 1: Cadet

For MemoService ...

**61*102**30#
That is, replace 101 with 102

KathyY

Thanks, done it. Great.

micknnicki
Level 2: Rookie

Hi LarrySix,

'Thanks' for the reply and answer to my problem !!! Have tried and succeeded in adjusting the ringer time. 'Thanks' for taking the time to help ,its very much appreciated !!! Have a 'Great Day' tomorrow...

Best regards,

Mick...

TIDYWAZZA

When I set for 30 seconds there is no forwarding of a missed call or the ability from 101 to leave a message and Telstra voice says this no a valid phone number. However when set for 25 seconds it works OK. Even @ 25 secs. the advantage to answer is so much greater. Thanks for the info.

drowd

'does not work on ZTE phones" 

this is still true as of 27/3/2015

I tried 30 secs and 25 secs ; did a restart, waited about 20 mins each time , pressed 'send' listened to the first 2 lines of the message and shut it down; maybe I am not doing this part right, but it seems it must be true not working on ZTE phones; rings for only about 15 secs

Comment on message bank: seems  to run normally

'pop into your telstra store...': what about the people like me who are not that mobile?

Can't this be done on computer from home or  is telstra that hardened to earning $$$ they make ZTE people go to a store, making it difficult for those not near major centres, who maybe got their phone posted to them?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi drowd,

It can be organised by our team over the phones as well. If you'd prefer to call in and have your account adjusted to extend the ring timer please feel free to call 13 22 00 and speak with the mobiles team.

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

veeblefetzer
Level 6: Bloodhound

I didn't have MessageBank active.

I'm aware the documentation here, and elsewhere, states MessageBank.  I tried this code nonetheless expecting it to simply modify the ring duration, which from a technical point of view should have nothing to do with MessageBank.

It AUTOMATICALLY set up MessageBank on my service.  That might be worth mentioning in your help documents.

e.g. How to

I don't want MessageBank active.

It's my understanding that MessageBank costs money.  So Telstra just initiated a chargable service without my permission.

Telstra, please contact me for my phone number so that you can deactivate MessageBank.  No, I will not call you to have this fixed.  Your document DOES NOT warn that MessageBank will be automatically turned on when initiating this code sequence (i.e. it didn't ask me for identification) so I don't have to provide you with anything to prove my identification.

Thanks.

Anthony

veeblefetzer
Level 6: Bloodhound

Thanks for nothing Telstra.

Found help elsewhere.

I guess you're all stuck dealing with this horrendously slow website that hosted in the U.S.A.  Well done : /

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now