Highlighted
Usnthemonkeys
Level 1: Cadet

How do I turn off Message2text on my mobile

I want to know how I can turn off message2text on my mobile, it hasnt always done it, but its frustrating because I dont get the whole message, or its fragmented and I have no clue what the person has said.

Can someone give me the steps to turn it off so I can just use normal voicemail please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 23: Superhero

Re: How do I turn off Message2text on my mobile

Hi Usnthemonkeys, try this sequence: **004*101#

and then

To disable voicemail:

#61#Cancel divert when unanswered
#62#Cancel divert when unreachable
#67#Cancel divert when busy
#002#Cancel all diverts

If you take a look at the following link, you'll find instructions for setting up normal message bank:

http://support.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobiles-Tablets/ct-p/undefined#item-ARTICLES-LSP_Mobiles_And_Tablet...

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Honestas

Message bank still wont turn off Jeff, regardless of the steps used.

I have tried to call my phone using another and it still goes to message bank.

How may I cancel/disable message bank?

As it is message to text which I find annoying, I still receive message2txt messages from Telstra stating private numbers have called me. I don't want to know that they called nor do I care because I blocked those numbers.

Well, so I thought I did. I don't want to use voicemail either for this reason also. I receive voicemails from people I blocked unless I disable it. Disabling it, I thought, would help me against these nagging people who I blocked, but it didn't work as I still have received message2txt. I would like this stopped. What would I have to do? Go to the police if you guys don't help or shall I go to another phone company and apply my services with them?

I have been happy with Telstra pre paid for a few years until this hassle.

Am very disappointed.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Honestas

All you need to do to turn off all notifications for missed calls is to speak with our Mobile Team instead - they're available 24x7 and on 13 22 00. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Honestas

Looks like you clearly misunderstood my comment. I want to turn off messagebank completely not just not obtain the notifications. When someone still calls my number, they will still get to messagebank. I do not want this. I want even messagebank to be blocked to them. Really not good in terms of safety when you have stalkers and bullies like I do. Thanks for nothing. I will go elsewhere for my services from now on. Am very disappointed in telstra or what you call t-mobile.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Honestas

While we do have service in place that will notify when a number calls. With message2txt is does generate from the number that called. Depending on the phone you can have the phone block SMSs from specific numbers which will hide the alerts in regards to these numbers calling. If this is something that has become a nuisance you may need to look into seeing if a change of number may need to be done. 

-Ashley

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Adrian3068

I just phoned 13 22 00 now & received a message the Mobile Team are available between 8am and 9pm.

Customer '0' Telstra '-1'

Then my call was disconnected.

Customer '0' Telstra '-2'

I was also texted a link where I searched for Message2Txt. The result was "Your search for "Message2Txt returned 0 results"

Customer '0' Telstra '-3'

Totally useless customer self-service when a specific, reqistered Telsta product returns ZERO results in a self-service search.

The text said "Hi from Telsta. If you need support for your Telstra mobile products and services, please visit https://www.telstra.com.au/support

Yesterday I phoned 13 22 00 and requested voicemail be switched off as I had just spent 10mins deleting 8 messages, all from private numbers that where hangups & the last was a blank 5 min message I had to wait the entire 5mins before deleting. This request was actioned. I was then asked if there was anything else I could be helped with. I replied, Yes, and requseted Message2Txt  be switched off or not switched on. I explained my phone tells me if I have missed a call, I do not require a secondary notification. This has not been actioned

Customer'0' Telstra '-4'

I was alarmed with 3 seperate calls last year with message to voice saying "I'm in hospital" the message was split into 3 messages delivered in 3 seperate calls, it took me until the last call to determine exactly who was in hospital so needed to suspend my escalating sense of alarm. A synthesied voice saying 'I'm in hospital" is the worst way to communicate this type of news. Hardly high tech.

I will call tomorrow and try again. As you can appreciate my expectations are lower than a scorpion in the dead sea. I suspect the only way to switch off Voicemail, Web2Txt and any other Telsta notification service is to cancel the service entirely.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Adrian3068

I'm sorry to hear of your circumstances around voicemail and Message2Text.

This can be turned off by the Mobile Tech Team on 125111.

If you have a reference number for the call you made and had difficulty have this request completed, I can look into that for you.

- Matt

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now