Highlighted
redempshun
Level 1: Cadet

How does shared data work now?

Answered

Hi there,

I am currently on a Go Mobile $50 plan and I recall when I signed up that I could pool the data with another Telstra mobile/tablet later. I seem to recall a data SIM was listed at $5/month using the existing data pool and that another mobile would be on whatever plan and the data would be pooled together with the existing mobile. Try as I might, I can't find anything about the data share options now on the site and following links from previous crowd support discussions on the topic end up in 404s. 

Is data share still available? How is it set up these days? My wife's phone is with Vodafone on a miserable plan with poor coverage in our area, so ideally I'd want to port her to Telstra and pool our data.

Any help greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: How does shared data work now?

Data share is included as part of the new plans as standard.  If your phone is on a compatible plan, then if you sign your wife's phone up on a new plan, the two lots of data will be combine into a single pool of data that either of you can take advantage of.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Data share is included as part of the new plans as standard.  If your phone is on a compatible plan, then if you sign your wife's phone up on a new plan, the two lots of data will be combine into a single pool of data that either of you can take advantage of.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

You can also discuss the functionality and rules involved with a Data Share Plan by calling the team on 1800 443 576.

I should point out that the Data Share SIM you refer too is provided for use in a data only device (Such as a tablet or modem) and cannot be used in a mobile phone.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now