sianzman
Level 1: Cadet

How does the "22GB Data Bank bonus on your first five recharges" work ?

Hello,

I'll be travelling to Tasmania for holiday in a week's time. I bought (through a friend who came back from Australia recently) a Telstra pre-paid SIM card (not activated yet) - $30 card (does this card come with 8GB of data ?).

I saw the promo that is going on at the moment "22GB Data Bank bonus on your first five recharges". May I know how this scheme works please ?

Does it mean that after I've activated the card when I arrive in Tasmania next week, if I recharge (any minimum amount ?), does it mean I will get 22GB of data to use on top of the 8GB data ? 

Sorry if these questions sound obvious. I'm not from Australia and do not know how the telco pre-paid plan works. Appreciate some advice on this.

Thanks 

Shaun

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: How does the "22GB Data Bank bonus on your first five recharges" work ?

For the extra data you need to be on the prepaid-max plan that has a minimum recharge of $30. You do get 8G initial data and 22G bonus data on first five recharges.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates

sianzman

Thanks for explaining. Appreciate it.

a follow up question : is that 22GB for each recharge of min $30 ?

My interpretation is that you get 8G + 22G on each of the first five recharges. I am not a Telstra employee so I cannot give you a definite answer.

"Get 30GB (8GB + 22GB Bonus) on your first five
$30 recharges on Telstra Pre-Paid Max™."

sianzman

Ok thanks.

I will clarify with Telstra shop staff when I'm in Tasmania.

I have know come to the conclusion that you definitly get 22G as The only way you will receive the total of 150G is if you get 30G per recharge ((8+22) x 5).

Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi Shaun,

I'd like to add to @cf4 explanation regarding the Pre-Paid Max offer. 

When you activate your $30 sim card you'll need to choose which Pre-Paid offer you want to go on, which is obviously the Max offer. 

As it's a $30 sim, this will be classed as your first recharge. You'll get 8GB of data to use first + 22GB of Bonus Data that will be automatically saved in your Data Bank. You'll start using the 8GB first then if you use all of that before the 28 day's expiry date of the included recharge you'll start using the 22GB that is saved in the Data Bank. 

As the sim card has the value of $30, this will be classed as your first recharge, so you will only get the Bonus 22GB Data on your next 4 recharge's after activating the sim card. 

When putting on the next 4 recharge's, these don't have to be $30. Depending if you want more Data to use or unlimited overseas calls to the 10 Countries you can put a $40 (18 +22GB Bonus), $50 (28 +22GB Bonus) or $60 (38 + 22GB Bonus) recharge on.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now